I'm thinking pureed meat is gonna be pretty gross...

Bekahre7
on 12/19/12 7:59 am, edited 12/20/12 11:19 pm

...any of you who've actually eaten it have a review?  I'm kind of leery of that stage of my diet. Blech??

CaseyB
on 12/19/12 8:08 am
VSG on 03/27/12

I ate tuna and chicken pureed with a little mayo and at that time it was a piece of heaven! By that time in your diet youve had liquids for how long something with a little substance was amazing!! :)

Nancybefree
on 12/19/12 8:23 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Pureed chicken tasted great to me, and the texture didn't aggravate my sleeve.  I either added a tablespoon of reduced-fat mayo or a wedge of Laughing Cow lite cheese to give it the needed moisture.  Canned chicken was also a winner. 

I tried pureed tuna, but I guess I've developed a reversion to it, so I won't try it again.   Shrimp didn't go over so well either postop, which is a shame because I used to love shrimp. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

meljac22
on 12/19/12 8:26 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12

For Meat on my Pureed Stage I just bought #2 Gerber Baby Food for meats.. Not to bad.. I got  Chicken, Turkey,and Ham.. I think the Turkey was the best out of all of them.. I also got a Turkey and Sweet Potatoes Mixed together.. now that was good.. I also did a Blueberry/Apple Fruit and mixed it in with my Cottage Cheese.. that was good.. I did mixed vegetables.. Not bad at all.. I think it was easier than making my own.. I got the #2 Stage for each of those.. that is what you need if you are using baby food for your puree stage.. I think that was the worst stage that I had to go thru. I was on it for 2 weeks and I was ever so glad to get off of it.. LOL  I would have rather stayed on the Liquids.. but it had to be done and I made it.. just put your mind to it and do it.. Good Luck !!!

Keith L.
on 12/19/12 8:31 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Here is what I did. I made some old fashioned beef stew (google it and you will get tons of recipes, just find one that sounds good to  you). Cook it up per the recipe and let it cool a bit. Zip it up in a blender and pour it over some mashed potatoes or even better mashed cauliflower. It is yummy.

Also check out Elaina_7's green chicken soup, it is really good. I zipped that up in a blender too.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Bella_Fein
on 12/19/12 12:01 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

This actually sounds good with some mock potatoes (cauliflower).

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sasny
on 12/19/12 8:46 am
VSG on 03/20/12
I puréed meatballs with a little tomato sauce and also puréed mini Swedish meatballs. Consistency a bit weird but it was tasty.

louisamay
on 12/19/12 10:31 pm
VSG on 04/27/12

This is my suggestion, too. Whether it's meatballs, chili or some other food/flavor you really like, start with that and then mash/puree.  As others have said, by this point you'll be craving these flavors and it will taste great to you.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

karismommy231
on 12/19/12 9:29 am
VSG on 11/05/12

Pureed chili was yum.  Chicken salad (canned chicken pureed) was good :) I even pureed soup. Pureed shrimp salad was yuk! blech! Pureed tuna salad wasn't bad.

You be glad to eat something with substance.

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

JAlston
on 12/19/12 11:13 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I am in the puree stage now and pureed chili was yummy. I also baked some chicken for my family and blended that with greek yogurt, that was yummy. However, tonight I made a new batch of blended chicken salad and I can't bring myself to eat it. The taste is the same but the texture is grossing me out. I am also feeling nauseous so that is not helping. I feel like I am running out of pureed food ideas and I have 2 more weeks of purees to go. 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views