Drain is Out!

faerietailz
on 12/26/12 2:06 am - NV

Today was the most awesome day since having my surgery on 12/21/12.   Today I went to my surgery center, and they took out my jpratt drainage tube.  For those of you who didn't have to have one imagine a nice bendy silicone straw about 2.5 times the length of a normal straw is inside of your body draining from around your stomach any fluid.  Then on top of that about 4x the length is out connected to this little bulb that you have to drain 3x a day, and keep record of the oz and or ml.  The bulb reminded me of one of those things that you use to get boogies out of babies noses.  Anyway, after the tube was removed, it was like this whole weight was lifted off my shoulders.  First time without what I thought was gas pain (came to find out it was tube pain), and just this sense of aww....

I still am having a hard time eating all my protein, and drinking all my fluids.  I'm working on it.  I know it'll get better.  Right now I look forward to the 4th of January where I can start mushies, and have blended soups, and cottage cheese with certain fruits and what not.  that day seriously can't come soon enough =)

Now stupid question time, I have been trying to figure out what NSV means?   I still can't figure out the acronym.  Can someone please share =)  Thanks!

reneemosley
on 12/26/12 2:12 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Thanks gawd!!

That was the most awesome day for me too, hated those drains! I had 2.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

faerietailz
on 12/26/12 2:19 am - NV

OMG i couldn't imaging having 2!  they are seriously a PITA.  Also quite gross. 

Shagdoll
on 12/26/12 2:20 am

NSV = Non Scale Victory mail

I had drain too & was happy when it was removed on day 3 for me. 

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

melly37
on 12/26/12 4:12 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12

Oye. I had my drain in for 17 days.  Fluid started leaking from the hole where the tube was at about day 7.  That caused quite a rash, and then the muscle started trying to repair around the tube.......OUCHIE!!  I was so thankful to get it out!! 

Good luck on your journey!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

reneemosley
on 12/26/12 5:11 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

17 days Holy cow, I only had mine for 10 but had similar leaking and healing. Happy to never see those again.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

melly37
on 12/26/12 5:17 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12

NO KIDDING!!  Having them in for a couple of days would be pretty easy, but hope I never need to!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

faerietailz
on 12/26/12 7:22 am - NV

You guys are rock stars in my book.  I could not imagine having that thing in for me for more than a week.  She told me I would probably have some slight leakage where it was pulled from over the next couple days, but shouldn't be bad.  So here's to hoping that nothing goes wrong, and that everything is good until my first post op appt on the 10th.

And thank you for telling me what NSV was.  That was driving me bonkers!

Shelly S.
on 12/26/12 9:31 am - Stillwater, OK
VSG on 12/13/12

Just curious, but what is the tube for? I have noticed quite a few had them. Why do some have them and some not? 

Shelly

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views