Scale Question

faerietailz
on 12/26/12 2:18 am - NV

Sorry for posting so much, but have one more quick question... Anyone after surgery afraid to step on their scale?  I am.  I am not expecting anything right now.  I mean gee****'s only been 5 days, but I am actually terrified of my scale.  I know I haven't been eating much or getting all of my protein down.  I am getting in right now about 41 grams of protein, and about 40 oz if even that of water.  Im trying.  I do take all my vitamins.  I've been eating 1 SF popsicle a day to try to make up for some of the water.  I've never been a water drinker, and I have to have it super icy cold.  Anyway... My heaviest weight was 269... my weight on the day of surgery was 260, and  I have no idea what I'm at today. 

How long did it take you guys to first hop on that scale?  Or to want to look?  My doctor and nurses say we all lose at different speeds dependant upon our body make up.  I just am not sure if it will depress me or make me super excited so for now I am avoiding it.  lol

Dstc_99
on 12/26/12 2:24 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

Shoot girl step on that scale! You will most likely drop your jaw when you see the new weight. Just remember you don't have to get on it every day and stress about it. LOL

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/12 2:26 am

Do what is best for you. Everyone's reaction to and use of the scale is different. Me, I was on the damn scale the minute I got home. I weighed every day during my losing phase and still do!

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/26/12 3:30 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I stepped on the scale the second I got home from the hospital. I have been weighing every morning since. I am 9 days post op today. I have lost 14 pounds so far. I can't believe it. I am in shock. So Never fear the unknown girl, you never know what's in store. Get on that scale and report back to us : )

ShootForTheMoon
on 12/26/12 3:38 am, edited 12/26/12 3:42 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

I'm just shy of a week post op and have been hitting my protein/liquid goals with a little bit of help from my phone. I have a small liquid measuring cup (Not the kind with a handle, it actually looks like a little juice glass) that I fill with four ounces at a time of liquids (I use it for my protein drinks too.) My surgeon is very adamant about not drinking more than 4 ounces every 15 minutes for the first month so as not to damage the new sleeve, so I'm making sure to be careful. Then I set my timer on my phone for 20 minutes, giving myself a five minute cushion, and I focus on finishing the water or protein by the time the timer goes off. Then I start again. I literally do this all day, and I've been able to get over 70 oz of liquid and 90 g of protein since post op day 4. 

I hope this helps!

Height: 5'8

LNC62
on 12/26/12 4:36 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Don't you want to see the miracle happen?  I am 9 days out an get on the scale every day.  They weighed me at the hospital, too, and I had gained weight while there.  The morning after I got home, I weighed myself and was disappointed to see I had gained 7 lbs in the hospital.  Since then, I've lost the 7 plus another 9 lbs. 

faerietailz
on 12/26/12 7:18 am - NV

I hopped on the scale after my first jaunt out of the house.  Looks like I am down 10 lbs.  You are all right.  I should be hopping on that scale.  Guess I was more scared that nothing was going to happen which was preposterous, but one can be nervous about the unknown.  lol  I didn't gain any weight in hospital.  Or at least I don't think I did.  All I know is the day of surgery I weight 260, and I now weigh 250.  100 more to go! lol =)   Anyway thanks for the replies guys.  Appreciate it =)

ALIFETOLIVE
on 12/26/12 7:29 am
VSG on 12/12/12

I was told I should step on the scale once a week. Shame on me, I've been on the scale everyday since my surgery. I need to put the scale in the bathroom closet for the week.

ashley J.
on 12/26/12 8:26 am, edited 12/26/12 8:27 am - CA
VSG on 06/25/12

I think it is normal to be afraid by chance that you don't see the results that you want.  BUT, if you don't step on the scale, you will never know what a great job you are doing and your achievement! When I was just out of hospital, i would never have believed it without weighing myself (although I did a bit obsessively like 2-3x a day for the first couple weeks) to see that drop of 18 pounds in 1 week!

Congrats on journey!

HW:315 SurgeryW:297 CurrentW:212.4 GoalW:165**M1:-25  M2:-18 M3: -13.2 M4: -13.8 M5: -4.4  M6: -7.2  M7:-3   M8: -0   M9:   M10:   M11:    1 Year Out: 

Weekly weigh-in numbers located in OH Profile area
 Blog:   http://www.ashleysweightjourney.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 432 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 454 views