WooHoo NSV !

Alice M.
on 1/9/13 3:29 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

Yesterday I went grocery shopping at Meijer.  No big deal huh?  As usual I went thru the Women's department...just looking and swearing I wouldn't buy anything til I lost more weight.  I'm at the beginning of the journey and down about 20 lbs. since surgery but 60 lbs. overall.  Still got a ways to go and too cheap to spend money when I will be out of the clothes soon.  I'd rather wait. 

Guess I should backtrack a bit.  A couple of months ago my daughter had a jewelry party at home...beautiful stuff, but definitely not my usual style.  The clothes I have been wearing just didn't have enough style to do any of the necklaces justice.  But lo and behold I found one necklace I just fell in love with...several chains multi length and bright and shiny and perfect!  Honestly, it was almost like a vision.  I pictured myself looking like I WANT to instead of how I am.   I pictured a beautiful red turtle neck sweater with skinny jeans and that beautiful necklace.  Then all of a sudden my brain clicked in "Why can't you buy that and wear it with that sweater?  You are on your way to a new you!  Buy it!"  And I did. 

So back to Meijer.  As I'm telling myself not to buy anything...there it was...my red sweater!  Only not my size...too large!  I ended up getting a black 2 sizes smaller than normal and a beautiful pumpkin color 1 size too small!   Soft, comfortable, and it fit!  And it fit great!.  And it was on sale!  I could hardly wait to get home and try it with my necklace.  Left my groceries in the car and rushed in, put on the sweater and got out "The Necklace", and rushed downstairs to show my hubby.  He cried!  I must admit, I looked pretty darn good and almost like I saw in my vision!.   What a great day and thank God for my wonderful supportive hubby.  I know what I'm wearing to our next family party!

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

Auveca
on 1/9/13 3:43 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
I love it!! And your husband!

IHeartMexico
on 1/9/13 3:45 am
VSG on 01/21/13

Way to rock your sleeve Alice !!

I swear your story made me cry too !! I am so excited for you and i bet you look amazing . Your going to have to wear one of your new sweaters and that new necklace when we meet up at the NUT class

Christine

melanieannd
on 1/9/13 4:11 am - TX
VSG on 06/13/12

I did not cry, but I got the chills, really. Congrats!

Check out my blog, http://www.missingmelanie.com and like me on Facebook. :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Melanie/618740441485479

louisamay
on 1/9/13 3:52 am
VSG on 04/27/12

So beautiful!!!!!  That is such a wonderful story, and accomplishment, and it only gets better!!!!!!!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Shagdoll
on 1/9/13 5:14 am

I love your post and I love the confidence you have knowing you look damn good.  Go gurl!!!!

Congrats on this awesome NSV!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

chubby_cinderella
on 1/9/13 5:30 am
VSG on 01/28/13

Congrats!!!!  I'm so happy for you!

bibbitybobbityboo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views