45 lbs. LOST in 7 weeks out!!!

Ann M.
on 1/13/13 4:16 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

I have lost 45 lbs. now! None of my clothes fit now. I put on my jeans and shirts and my neighbors laugh and remind me to pull my shirts to the back (to make them look like they fit in the front! LOL!) and I've taken up my elastic waist jeans till there's no way to take them up any more - unless I take them completely apart and cut them down and remake them - they are way too old for that!

I have posted new photos as of today on my profile so feel free to check them out! I am having a tad of trouble adjusting my MIND to the smaller me - is this normal?? I see these new photos just taken today - but is that REALLY me??? AND my skin looks like orange peel! UGH!! But hey, I've lived with worse!!!

AND for all who have followed my posts...I have met a really nice man! We are taking time to become FRIENDS before we go out on a DATE. He's as nervous as I am! If that's even possible!! He lost his wife to Breast Cancer in 2007. I am really enjoying getting to know him. We chat online, talk on the phone, have exchanged photos, and all that kind of stuff. But we are NOT rushing anything!! This is strange to both of us. He's very interesting. SO IF we go on a DATE I will let you guys know. And will let you know how it goes.

YES I have told Gary that I have lost a lot of weight. He hasn't asked about that yet, but he will. He always has a lot of questions for us to answer so we can get to know each other. AND he is a Christian too! And good looking! Somebody will snatch him up in a heartbeat when they find out he's on the market again...he's that sweet and shy! So the SAGA begins...LOL!!!

I was to go to Dr. Roy about my back on Tuesday - it got moved AGAIN to Feb. 5th!! He did operate on my oldest sister's back Friday...she's doing good. So I'm thinking maybe I should go ahead and start exercise...besides the walking.

My other sister that has beat Mesothelioma for 5 years is going downhill very fast now...she can't eat at all...and her "knots" are multiplying big time now and are visible by the naked eye. The original one I found on her back in Dec 5 years ago has grown so that it is throwing her heart out of rhythm. This is getting to me more than I thought it would...I don't know why I thought I was ready for her to go on...how stupid of me.

Well, I'm ready for food. I'm off here for a while. Hope all are doing great and remember this is OUR year!!!

love & HUGS!!!! Ann

patd1409
on 1/13/13 6:50 am - TX

Congrats, looking GREAT!

Puffessa
on 1/13/13 9:42 am

Good on you! Keep it up! You are inspiring the rest of us!

Miss150
on 1/14/13 4:11 am

Hi, Ann!  I missed your post for some reason yesterday.  YAY YOU!!!  Wonderful post.  Too bad about the clothes (HA)  Means you must go out and get some spiffy new ones. (Make the date outfit a blingy one--sparkly to match your lovely self.  Cosmic hugs coming your way  You are doing great!  It WILL BE YOUR YEAR! 

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views