Evil 20 Pounds

furrynana
on 1/17/13 1:12 am

Six month anniversary yesterday.  I've lost 65 pounds and am just within the normal range.  Don't flame me, but it wasn't that hard.  I followed my plan and walked, and the weight came off.  The sleeve gave me the tool to stick to the plan.  The last 20 pounds though is a different story.  It's budging only an ounce at a time.  Frustrated!!  At least no regain I guess. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/13 1:33 am

Last 20 can be a *****! Mine was the last 11. Took me two months to get those last pounds off. Had to go hard core to get it done, too. Upped the protein, but not the calories, pushed the water and exercised 4 to 5 days a week. Not sure where your calories are, but the last 2 months I kept mine around 750-800 a day. Worked for me.

frisco
on 1/17/13 2:44 am
On January 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM Pacific Time, furrynana wrote:

Six month anniversary yesterday.  I've lost 65 pounds and am just within the normal range.  Don't flame me, but it wasn't that hard.  I followed my plan and walked, and the weight came off.  The sleeve gave me the tool to stick to the plan.  The last 20 pounds though is a different story.  It's budging only an ounce at a time.  Frustrated!!  At least no regain I guess. 

That's why the first 6 months is called the "Honeymoon" period........ than it gets for reals !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Shagdoll
on 1/17/13 3:38 am, edited 1/17/13 3:39 am

I don't want to speak for most people but I think VSGer's really have to go off plan a lot to gain or even maintain the first 6 months.  I was in month 5 during the holidays in 2011 & I ate carbs almost everyday & still managed to lose 7 pounds that month.  January 2012 ... nada.  That was when I knew I had to buckle down to get the rest of my weight off which was about 40 pounds at that point.  Geesh, I had to go back to 600-700 calories a day keeping it high protein & low carb.  I was hiking & working out.  I'm still not at the lowest I want to be ... mainly because I wanted a little wiggle room in case I gain a few pounds.  Now that I am 17 months out, I struggle to eat less than 800 a day because I can eat more now.  Just do the best you can to restrict your calories & carbs.  Maybe switch up the workouts.  I noticed once I started doing cardio in place of walking, the weight was coming off again.  Good luck!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views