Ooooh my hair!!

lgm
on 1/24/13 8:49 pm

I am two and half months out and I seem to be losing sooo much hair. It's a good thing I have alot but will this ever stop and when?

Kelly-AnneH
on 1/24/13 9:25 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
It will stop when all of the hairs that were startled into going into resting phase by your surgery and abrupt change in eating habits have been pushed out by their replacements. That's anywhere from 2-6 months of shedding for most people.

Mine started falling out like crazy at about 4 months, and is still shedding at almost 7, but the new baby hairs are filling in now, so I don't look so mangy.

Short term, if you look pitiful to yourself, check out something called "great hair day" which I was able to buy off ebay for a moderate price. You bru**** on your scalp in the thin areas and your hair looks much thicker.

Matte eye shadow in the colour of your hair or a bit lighter also works just fine. Just reapply to clean, dry scalp - it stays until your next shampoo.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Dstc_99
on 1/25/13 12:22 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

I lost like crazy from 2 months to approximately 5 months. Now it has slowed down tremendously but I am still losing a little. One thing that helped me was using Aveda's thickening shampoos and conditioners.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views