2 week post surgery and no weight loss in a week!

Llcoolday
on 1/26/13 3:38 am - CA
VSG on 01/14/13

I had surgery on the 14th and lost 10 pounds the first week but nothing since last Sunday.  What the neck is going on? I am getting in my 64 oz. water and at least 60g protein but Stoll stick!! Is this normal? It makes me wonder of the surgery even happened. :) 

Anyone have a similar story?

JAlston
on 1/26/13 3:40 am
VSG on 12/07/12

It is very normal, I know it is easier said then done but try not to focus on weighing yourself right now. You just had major surgery and are healing. Some people experience a 3 week stall...or a stall at any number week, it just happens. You aren't doing anything wrong. As long as you are following your plan, the weight will come off. 

Good luck, and try not to get discouraged! kiss

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

Llcoolday
on 1/26/13 4:06 am - CA
VSG on 01/14/13

Thanks Jessica! I know you're right, it's just very frustrating! 

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/26/13 4:20 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
At 2 weeks out I had a week stall and didn't loose anything for the following week. I posted a similar question and Keith suggested I up my water to 100oz , I did that and I lost 4 pounds the next day. We all loose differently. Try yo be patient and it will start to come off. Good luck.

KELLY H.
on 1/26/13 6:02 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12

I know exactly how you feel. The exact thing happened to me. I lost 10 the first week and nothing the second. I am 4 1/2 weeks out and I just started losing again. I think the body is trying to protect itself and it could be retaining water too.  Just relax. As long as you stay between 600-800 calories and keep it low carb (I am not a carb nazi but I do pay a lot of attention to them). I lost about 18 lbs my first 4 weeks and now this week I have dropped 3 in two days. 

The scale will move again! I promise!

sweetsue12172012
on 1/26/13 7:42 am - TX

Please do not get discouraged! I am 5 weeks post op and have already went through a three week stall on my weight and I had the exact thoughts that you are having. I rounded up my encouraging supporters and soon was feeling better and determined to stick to what I was being told to do. I am currently getting 8 + glasses of water a day, 600-800 calories, 80 grams of protein. I use the health tracker to plan my days in advance and then I stick strictly to my meals. I am able to see ahead of time how the day will work out and make changes if needed. I try to stay

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views