2.5 months post op meal ideas

AmyB1012
on 1/31/13 2:11 pm

What does your day look like for food? I am needing some help outlining what i should be eating ect. Ive NEVER been good at this stuff so could really use some help. Ive noticed ive stalled a few times and im sure it bc i suck at making food plans. So can you all tell me what your day looks like? Please :D

Calking
on 1/31/13 3:30 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

What you might want to do is get friends on myfitnesspal and you can see what they ate each and every day if they are willing to share that information with you.  

Not sure if this helps but I found it while searching the internet.  It isn't what I used but looks to be very reasonable and full of good information.  It's a bariatric booklet for those that have had VSG produced by The University Of Missouri Health System.  

http://www.muhealth.org/documents/bariatric/Bariatric%20Book let%20VSG.pdf

Also since you already know the basics as set aside by your surgeon and or nutritionist on calories and carbs I will pass on a link to a ton of great WLS friendly recipes.  Some of these are for people in the maintenance phase but a lot are for the weight loss phase.  Perhaps these will give you some ideas.  Particularly the Muffin in a Minute recipe ... yum.  My friend Dave Schronce put this together and has had the gastric bypass surgery.  I mention the last part to let you know that he understands the needs of people that have had weight loss surgery.  Go to the link and go into the area listed as WLS Friendly.  I think there are 4 pages of recipes that could give you a lot of ideas.  http://www.schronce.net/forum/index.php?16

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

skinnymandi
on 1/31/13 4:08 pm - TX
VSG on 12/01/12 with

For breakfast i have turkey egg cup bake, or scrambled egg with cheese n pepperoni, or tomato slice with a drizzle of olive oil and mozzarella cheese,

lunch is normally chicken breast with plain Greek yogurt and a thin slice of tomato. Sometimes I have vegetarian or regular chili, or tortilla soup. I've also incorporated a couple of fruits even tho there isnt really any protein but I love the change of textures...such as watermelon and "baked apple slices" to make them softer, with cinnamon and sweet n low.

dinner is sometimes a protein shake or maybe even a half of a jalapeno burger patty or any of the above. Oh, on occasion I will have whatever i make my family so if its pasta its literally like one noodle or one spaghetti or one ziti with a few pcs of hamburger meat crumbles and sauce.

*i'm 2 months out*

AmyB1012
on 1/31/13 4:19 pm

great thank you sooo much fo the tips and looking over the link too!

Sleeveless
on 1/31/13 5:11 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I'm finding it helpful to plan my day's foods on MyFitnessPal the day before, instead of just tracking what I've eaten after I've eaten it. I have much better control over my calories, proteins, carbs, and fats that way.

Emilyr0011
on 1/31/13 7:56 pm
I just stuck to a very simple 2 oz. meat/ 1/4 c. vegetable routine for my meals. Super lean ground beef w/diced Italian tomatoes & a lf Laughing Cow cheese wedge or grated parm.....chicken breast w/ seasoned green beans.....pork loin w/ steamed broccoli. Homemade soups too. There are some Birdseye Steamfresh vegetable blends that are good (I LOVE the Tuscan blend!) - pair one up with a meat, portion it out, there you go. I cared more about getting the weight off than variety so I ate similar things often, changing flavors by spices and seasonings. Its also super easy to prepare multiple meals for the week that way.

Snacks were protein shakes (or protein pudding), deli meat & cheese roll ups, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese.

Good luck!

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

hollirrose
on 1/31/13 8:48 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
Im on mfp.com as hollirrose. My food log is open. I am 9 months out and basically have eaten the same things since early out. I am a pretty boring eater and only cook a couple of days a week. I rotate my meals and try not to have the same thing twice in a row. I am on a low cal/low carb plan.
Breakfast- 2 oz lean pork pork chop
Lunch- 2 oz chicken w/ hot wing sauce
Dinner-2 oz fish with lemon pepper seasoning
Snack-shake/sugar free jello/turkery peporini/1.5 oz tuna salad
My calories are around 600 every day, never more than 20 carbs, and around 70 prot.
Hope this helps.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views