Energy?

AppyGrl
on 2/2/13 10:19 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Good Evening Everyone,

I am 10 days post-op and wondering when I am going to get some energy. My Doctor said this was normal.

How did y'all get over the hump?

Elizabeth

MissDannie
on 2/2/13 10:22 am - CA

When I stated eating pureed foods I got a little energy back. But honestly Im 6 weeks post op and exhausted within 3 hours of waking up.

Maybe add some more protein to your diet?

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 12:10 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

I wish I could tell you I had a cure that fixed my exhaustion, but it took a good 6-8 weeks before I was back up and running full speed. I know many others that got going quicker than this, but I have 3 kids, 2 jobs and am a full-time student, so I don't think I was able to rest enough. Rest is vital for recovery. Try to sneak in a 20 minute power nap when you can. It can make all the difference. 

Calking
on 2/2/13 5:23 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Don't forget that energy comes from calories and you are likely not getting many of those at this point ... perhaps at best I would say you are at 600 to 700 calories per day.  That is obviously low calories and thus low energy.  Vitamin B-12 and Folate are both good for energy.  If you are not taking a sublingual or chewable B-12 vitamin I would say that you should add that to your daily routine.  You should be getting at least 1000mg of B-12 per day.

Here is a link for a pdf that you can download.  Once you get this you can search through it for the word energy.  There may be something that can help you out.  http://www.muhealth.org/documents/bariatric/Bariatric%20Book let%20VSG.pdf

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

SarahI
on 2/3/13 2:09 am - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

This is so informative. Thx for sharing.  My surgery is coming up, and this will be a nice way to prepare and be aware of the do's and don'ts.  I can't thank you enough for sharing this.

SARAH

Calking
on 2/3/13 3:03 am
VSG on 05/31/12
Remember that each surgeon/nutritionist has their own post op plan and you should follow their advice over the advice in this pdf.

I look at the pdf as something to use where my information was lacking. In your journey you will run across situations where you will ask for advice. You will get some based on that persons experience or surgeons advice. Do not override your plan with someone elses. Their plan may look easier but if you mess up it will be you going to your surgeon to help. Then you would have to explain why you didn't follow the plan you were given.

Just a word of caution. Nothing trumps the plan your surgeon gives you.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

AppyGrl
on 2/3/13 4:50 am
VSG on 01/23/13

Thanks so much for the advice... you're right I am not getting much in the way of calories right now. Doing great to get between 400 and 450. I still feel like I am chugging on water or protein drinks ALL DAY LONG. 

Most Active