Getting Nekkid!??

countrytat
on 2/9/13 1:22 pm - OH
VSG on 01/31/12

So my question here is have alot of you met  a new significant other, and if so, how did you feel about getting naked with that person?.... I feel great that I am down 115lbs and look great in clothes, but when it comes to taking off the clothes, I am so self concious.... I have no boobs left.... what is there looks like it belongs on a 60 or 70 yr old lady :(..... and my belly is all saggy skin...it could be worse, but I guess the boobs bother me the worst.... and right now Im looking at 2-3 yrs before getting new ones....Anyone have any horror stories about getting naked with a new person?

Keith L.
on 2/9/13 1:35 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have not but I have been on the other side of the fence. Trust me I know what you are thinking, I look in the mirror and everything is sagging. My ass has even flapped over on the top of my legs enough that I can feel it. Everything is gross...to me. My wife says I look great. The insecure side of me says she is just trying to be supportive, but I am down 111lbs and that is a lot less weight for her to bare.

When I was younger and much thinner I was on a date with a girl who had lost a LOT of weight. When we had started to fool around and get naked nothing was in the right place. Her nipples were down by her belly, etc. you get the picture. It freaked me out. However if we had had a conversation about it prior to that event I would have handled it much better. I would have still fooled around with her but I would have known what to expect.

So my advice would be if you feel like it is heading in that direction have a conversation about it first. If the other person really cares about you, it won't matter. And if its not that kinda thing then if he is horny enough it won't matter but he will be prepared.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

SuzyNZ
on 2/9/13 2:57 pm, edited 2/9/13 10:58 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Good advice Keith.

This is definitely something that has crossed my mind too. Being a tragic, 40 year old single cat lady, I will have to face this too when I start dating again.

I haven't really made a lot of effort in the dating department in recent years as I just got tired of being rejected because of my size. I don't have any issue with guys not being attracted to a large person, as I am a firm believer in the whole "a nice personality isn't enough, you need the whole...also want to rip each others clothes off...sexual attraction thing going on as well. Unfortunately just not a lot of men were into a 6'1 chubby gal. (I forgive them though, as Im the same and not attracted to short, blonde or skinny men in the slightest! )

But my plan going forward is definitely to be upfront about it. Things are definitely starting to get a bit droopy at 123 lbs down. Im thrilled about that, But I don't want to be in the midst of a "hot" moment and have him freaking out because the parcel isn't quite as pretty when it's unwrapped!!...lol

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Keith L.
on 2/9/13 3:02 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

LOL! I don't have to worry about dating, but I certainly don't like what I see in the mirror. I am hoping some of it will bounce back, I have seen signs, but I am not terribly optimistic. In my head I am committed to at the very least a tummy tuck. I am hoping my arms and legs get back to a tolerable degree of firmness because brachioplasty and a lower body lift do not look like much fun.

You had it rough on too fronts. I know a girl who is one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen. She's 6'2 or maybe 6'4 and she has trouble getting a date and she's thin. You are well on  your way. Become the aggressor, there are a ton of guys who just don't have the balls to talk to girls.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

SuzyNZ
on 2/9/13 3:14 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
I know. Gigantic tall woman and fat. Not a great combo! If I had $10 for every time I have heard what a pretty face I had (with the unspoken "shame about the rest"), I could have paid for my surgery years ago!...lol

I think I will need arms and tummy done and possibly boobs too, although they are holding up reasonable well at the moment. One of the boys at work told me that I was way smaller, but my boobs don't appear to have shrunk!!...ha!! They have, by one cup size so far, but because my body has shrunk even more, proportionately they still look just as big. Good thing HR weren't around when that highly inappropriate work conversation was going on!....lmao

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Calking
on 2/9/13 3:22 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Lol ... I just changed my avatar based on a joke I have with a friend.  I look like a shar pei (see my avatar).  At this point I am not worried as I am not dating as I am struggling to survive on a day to day basis financially.  I am barely surviving and barely able to eat enough to maintain my weight.  Once I get my finances in order ... then I will consider dating.  

But at that point I will certainly have issues with the fact that I do look like a shar pei.  I will try to date as I am but when it comes to naked time if I don't feel comfortable with the way I am, then I will likely stop dating again until I can do something about it which hopefully whatever job I end up with will have insurance to cover the costs of plastic surgeries.  

Although in the past I have had issues being naked and overweight and have always found women that were OK with it even though it was always an issue in my mind.  I think overall I would rather look like a shar pei than I would that obese person I used to be.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

SuzyNZ
on 2/9/13 3:32 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
Lol...we have a toile paper brand in New Zealand called Purex who use a shar pei called Roly in their advertising. Im soooo going to look like his human sister!...lol

I think that we are always our own worst critics when it comes to how we look. Im hoping to hold on to at least some of my curves to balance out the skin slightly.

While my insurance didn't cover any of my WLS costs, Im hoping that it might cover some reconstruction, but will cross that bridge when I get to it. Plastics scare me far more than my VSG op did, so Im in no hurry and will give myself 24 months to allow as much bounce back of my skin as I will ever get and then make a decision about what I can live with and what I can't.

But as you say, way better than fat me

KittyKarin
on 2/9/13 10:21 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13
I say buy some really pretty lace see through bras and leave the bra on for awhile at the beginning until u get comfortable with him. He still gets to see the goods but they are held in place!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Most Active