Food & Valentines

Suzanne B.
on 2/12/13 3:06 am - OR

Hi Everyone out there!

How do you look at holidays different now that you have had the sleeve?  The one thing that I noticed is that we as a group of people ALWAYS celebrated ALL holidays with food—I bet if you think about it, you know I am right. For most of us food was our addiction—at least it was mine. You know with an addiction you have to give up what the addiction was—how do you give up food?  We all need to eat.  So for each holiday we gave ourselves permission to indulge in more food.  Looking back in my past this is just what I did and with the lack of much physical activity I just kept packing on more fat on my poor body. How about you?  Did you or do you still do this?broken heart

Now I look at these holidays in an entirely different way.  However, I never feel deprived, because I will allow myself a treat now and then. Since I have had my sleeve I never overeat like I used to—this is part of my lifestyle change I have made along with eating healthy foods now each meal.  I find other things that bring me much more pleasure other than ALL the food that is presented for the celebration. I like buying something new to wear, taking a few days away for a min vacation.  My husband and I have agreed that we are not buying each other any candy for this Valentine's.  We are going away to the Oregon Coast and staying in one of our favorite Hotel right on the beach for Valentine’s this year.  And when we go, we park our car and make a point to walk every place that we go.  It feels good to be able to do this--in my past, I would have never done all this walking! We are prepared to walk in any kind of weather too. Why do I like walking?  I love to walk because it does not require anything special to walk.  Maybe a good pair of walking shoes and a coat if it is raining that keeps me dry. And if I get wet, it is not a big deal, I will dry off when I get back.  I have been walking 7 days a week now for 5 ½ months and NOT missing one single day.  I do not have to pay for a gym membership and then make an effort to go to the gym--I can just walk out my front door and start walking.  If you are successful going to a gym, I cheer you on!  Everyone should have some form of exercise that they are doing and you should do what works best for you!

My point is that you make some lifestyle changes that will last forever for you, and you will be successful at this weight loss and keep it off. I  NEVER consider myself on a diet, because I have made lifestyle changes that work for me--do what works for you.  It took me a lot of years to figure this out, but, now that I have I will never go back to what I used to do.  So LOVE yourself enough this Valentine’s to treat yourself with love and kindness.  Maybe you could just have one piece of candy and NOT the entire box!

If you are still sitting out there on the fence and are thinking about having Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) this might be the best gift you ever received.  GO FOR IT and schedule that date for the WLS.  It will be the VERY BEST thing you have ever done for yourself.  I highly recommend Dr. Aceves.  He was my choice.  He is a highly qualified Doctor and Surgeon, and has an excellent staff of Doctors and Nurses that will give you the very best care you will ever experience in your life. If you have any question please feel free to contact me.  I am always out here to help anyone who wants the help or who have question.  Remember this is ALL about you and NO one else.  You are the only person who is living in this body of yours; why not make it the best it can be.  Care enough about yourself to move forward.

Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Jandlsmom
on 2/12/13 8:00 am - IN

Hi there!  I'm not getting any one in my family candy for the first time ever!  I did go get every one a lobster tail to make for supper that night.  They are excited!

Suzanne B.
on 2/12/13 8:04 am - OR
On February 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, Jandlsmom wrote:

Hi there!  I'm not getting any one in my family candy for the first time ever!  I did go get every one a lobster tail to make for supper that night.  They are excited!

Hi,

You are fabulous! What a wonderful thing to do for everyone. I love hearing all these ideas! Happy Valentines Day to you!

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 64 views