How was your transition from purées to solids?

loralorabobora
on 2/17/13 8:51 pm - NY

I am a out to make the transition next week and I was wondering how hard it was going to be. Even when I eat purée that is a little chunky... I feel like the snake that swallowed the mouse, very tight feeling and I burp a lot. Any suggestions for the transition? 

karismommy231
on 2/17/13 11:05 pm
VSG on 11/05/12
Hi hun! I had some trouble with solid protein (eggs, chicken, pork, etc). Remember baby steps and make sure you have gravy or some sauce to help it go down. It will be uncomfortable but your new tummy will get used to it. GL!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Machelle.K
on 2/17/13 11:50 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

My transition was slow. In my mind I was excited to move on but a little apprehensive. So the first couple weeks were a blend of puree, soft mushy foods, and solids. Take it slow....

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

bird-E-bird
on 2/20/13 6:59 am - TX

Measure. Cut every bit into a smaller bite and really chew that small bite down before moving on to the next one. Slow and concentrate on what is going on and remember that you may not finish what you serve especially if it is more dense. Mindful eating really comes to play here. Don't be afraid to also regress back a little or eat a mix of puree and solid until you get comfortable with full solids. Good luck!!

emelar
on 2/20/13 7:13 am - TX

Just because your plan or doc says to transition to the next stage doesn't mean your stomach is ready.  If you feel uncertain, stick to purees for a few more days.  When you transition, just make it one meal a day, and make it something that's wet.  I think my first real food was a little tuna with a dab of mayo.  And it was maybe an ounce.  Take it nice and easy.

MacMadame
on 2/20/13 3:23 pm - Northern, CA

Mine was rocky because I had trouble with the small amounts. I guess I thought being on regular food meant I should be able to eat regular portions but I was only able to eat .5 to 1 oz. of most foods at first. It wasn't until about three months out that I was able to eat an amount that was mentally satisfying.

I think it would have been better to think of whatever "regular" food I was eating as playing and experimenting and not as eating a meal, at least at first.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active