Cold -- how far out?

serenity1959
on 2/17/13 12:50 pm, edited 2/17/13 12:50 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

How long after surgery was it when you started feeling cold?  Also, how long did it last?   I am one of those menopausal gals who stays hot  ALL the time, so am actually looking forward to being cold for a change!

Kelly-AnneH
on 2/17/13 2:16 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I had my VSG at the end of June and started feeling chilly in September. I'm currently known as Mrs Alwayscold, and have a heating pad to warm up my side of the bed before I tuck in.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Infaith72
on 2/17/13 4:24 pm - AK
I dont remember being cold at the hospital, but shortly after coming home. Brrrr! I used to be hot all the time. It mustve been all my extra insulation.
Its quite a change.
Paul5678
on 2/17/13 4:40 pm - United Kingdom

Cold when I woke up after the op and still cold three years later.  Only been warm for two days when I was in Paris, temperature was in the 90s.  Still worth it!

bob-h
on 2/17/13 8:25 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

I had my surgery October 9 th and I am freezing every freaking day. You won't see me without  my hooded sweatshirt on. My wife thinks I may have turned into a little girl. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Machelle.K
on 2/18/13 12:00 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I was cold within the first couple weeks. I already had a heated mattress pad, but hadn't used it much and always on low. Now I sleeps with it on 6 of 10 and I too wear sweatshirts all the time. I used to never be cold and am pre-menopausal but no more heat flashes! It is easier to put something on to warm up than cool off...

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

JAlston
on 2/18/13 12:13 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I am usually always hot, always have the fan going in the winter kinda girl. I had surgery on 12/7. Started getting cold about a week and a half after. I am 10 weeks post op and still cold most of the time. I am currently wearing a light jacket while sitting at my desk at work. I wish I could type better with gloves on because I would have those on too.

Needless to say I don't wear bedtime shorts anymore...I have pj pants, slippers and usually my light zip up jacket on most of the time in the house...my husband is wondering who I am LOL

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

MsBatt
on 2/18/13 1:38 am

I hear you! I went through menopause about the same time I had my DS, over 9 years ago. I still have hot flashes, and I'm still cold. I swear, my upper body can be so hot I think my hair's going to catch fire, and my feet will STILL be like blocks of ice.I wear wool socks in the SUMMERTIME.

A lady I know told me that she's still having hot flashes at 84!

momsy55
on 2/18/13 1:43 am - ME

I had my surgery in the summer, and was wrapped in a blanket on the recliner the day I came home from the hospital.  Almost 18 months later, I'm still cold a good deal of the time.  I too was a t-shirt to bed gal.  Now it's pj's with long sleeves, and socks to bed - sometimes one of my husband's pj tops on over mine.  I'll take this any day over always being hot!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Sutterbos
on 2/18/13 1:47 am
VSG on 06/21/12

Before surgery I walked around in t-shirts when it was in the 40s.  Now I am freezing all the time.  Last night I slept with 2 down comforters.  Gotta say - I love the change!!!  It started a couple months out from surgery once I'd lost some significant weight.

Most Active