NSV - body confidence & stepping out of your comfort zone

KnitsByMama
on 2/21/13 9:20 am, edited 2/21/13 9:27 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

So, Tuesday night I started ballet class. Me. All 272lbs of me. I will not lie and say that I wasn't nervous. Truth is I felt like I should have taken a Xanax before I walked through the doors of the ballet school. However, I did it. I put myself out there. I would have NEVER done that before my surgery. I was so self concious and paranoid about people laughing at me. Sure I was about twice the size of the other dancers there, but I did it and I'm very proud of that accomplishment. 

I wrote a huge blog post about it complete with photos of me as a child in ballet & now if you would like to read it! Just click the link!

The start of something good

What have YOU done that put you out of your comfort zone? How did it feel?

MuttLover
on 2/21/13 9:50 am
VSG on 11/14/12

How fun!  And I loved both the "then" and "now" ballerina shots!  How exciting to get back to a sport that you loved.  We are starting back to ballroom next month (gosh, that's almost like next week!), and I remember when we first began (about five years ago, after I'd lost weight) -- I would have NEVER done ballroom before I'd lost weight!

I had also been white water rafting and kayaking -- I would have never done those things before losing weight -- and frankly, I might not ever do them again, either!  LOL!

But let's just jump right back into life and do what ever the heck we want that sounds like fun!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

danigirl42
on 2/21/13 10:44 am - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

Awesome!  I always wondered if they offered adult classes!

HeartOnMySleeveVSG
on 2/22/13 1:16 am
I think that's awesome! Great exercise and ballerinas sure have beautiful, long, lean muscles so why not ballet?! Must work!,
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views