Numbness in legs....

jenneferlm
on 2/26/13 1:23 am - TX
VSG on 09/21/12

I am 5 months out from VSG and about a week ago noticed numbeness in the back of my thighs and rear end.  I am diabetic so I am not sure if it is related to that or possibly the surgery/weight loss.  Or maybe vitamin levels?  Has anyone else experienced this?  I see my surgeon next week so I will definitely ask him, but just wondered if anyone had this issue as well.  Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/13 1:52 am

I really think you need your vitamins checked.  If I was in your place, I would not wait until my appointment next week.  I would call my doctor and get a list of labs to be taken right now and then come back in to see him when the results are in.

jenneferlm
on 2/26/13 2:37 am - TX
VSG on 09/21/12

Thank you for the suggestion Elina!  I will call him today and get my lab slip. 

MacMadame
on 2/26/13 4:31 am - Northern, CA

Definitely get some labs done! Numbness can be a neurological issue and some of the B vites cause neurological damage if you get deficient, some of which can't always be reversed. So it's important to make sure your levels are good.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Tami1982
on 2/28/13 2:43 pm

I'm just over 2 months out and I'm having issues with something similar too, like butt/legs falling asleep.  I've lost nearly 40lbs and seem to have lost a lot of it in my tush.  I assumed it was my body adjusting to less padding.  I get up and walk around a lot whenever I feel it starting and it goes away.  I have an appt on Tuesday with my primary doc and will bring it up now so we do labs and make sure it is all good! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views