UGH!!!! Really? All over again?

NikNakMcCants
on 3/7/13 11:31 am
VSG on 06/10/13

OK... WARNING!!!! I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN!!!!!!

I am trying to have a revision from a lap band. My insurance company informed me today, that even though I had good success with my lap band before my supposed slip, that I would have to start the whole bariatric process over. They said that because my initial surgery was in 2009 I needed current proof of bariatric compliance. However, they would accept the last four years of diet documentation because the lap band slip was of no fault to me. Sounds crazy right? I have to attend meetings, take nutrition classes, have another pysch eval, obtain another support letter from my doctor, and go through cardiac clearance. UGH!!!!!  Meanwhile, I have an empty lap band, an uncomfortable port, pain while eating, excess gas, and a tingling numbing pain that radiates behind my left shoulder and runs down to my finger tips. blush  I want out of lap band hell!

I have to focus on the positive. I am able to get all of the above taken care of before my next appointment in April.  (I just have to rearrange my life to do so.)

Thanks for listening!

Nicolena 

(I will not be fat in my 40's!)

Ann M.
on 3/7/13 12:40 pm - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

YOU are SO RIGHT!!! You can do this BEFORE your next appointment - and you WILL do it!! Because you NEED this done BEFORE your next visit!!! SO get off your Butt and get started!!

Now that I've cheered you on - Good luck and if you need me to light the fire under you again let me know! LOL!! I know what it's like to need a fire under you - so I'm glad to help! Just let me know!!

But seriously, I hate you are having this pain and trouble!! It sounds awful! I never had the Band but did think about it years ago. Glad I never did though!

Are there things you can do - change your diet, eat slower, Gas-X, etc - that might would help you till you get this taken care of??? I don't know a lot about this as you can tell...so do cuss me or laugh too hard!! I'm trying to help - honest!!

Ann - a friend in pain - only different!

chinamama
on 3/7/13 1:42 pm - Bend, OR

Me too. just finished everything and waiting to hear from the insurance company.  Maybe I will give them a ring tomorrow....  It's actually gone pretty fast, as long as I had an appt to get ready for. 

Highest /Consult/Pre-Op/Band Surgery/Lowest Band/ VSG Surgery/Current/Goal

306    274      263      253           211           232         213   134

Sleeveless
on 3/7/13 5:56 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

My sympathies. What a huge nuisance. The good part is the weeks will fly by and you'll be getting sleeved before you know it. Hang in there!

grannymedic1
on 3/7/13 11:05 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

If the pre-reqs are going to take long you can discuss having the band removed before you go through the process for revision. I know several that have done this. It isn't ideal but would get you feeling better until you can jump through the hoops. I didn't have to do anything at all before revision but I had only had my band for 2 years, sadly. Some of the process like the cardiac are for surgical safety but the others are just irritations.

Good luck with the process and I hope you can it done quickly.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

mary d
on 3/7/13 11:28 pm

That's insane!!!  Appeal and maybe see another Dr. for a second opinion.  That just sounds like a lot of extra expense for your ins. co and more profit for your Dr.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

NikNakMcCants
on 3/8/13 1:45 am
VSG on 06/10/13

Here is the kicker... my new bariatric doctor tried to submit my lap band paper work. It is my foolish insurance company who wants all of this done again. And... since I have no co-pays it is ALL at their expense!

Nicolena 

NikNakMcCants
on 3/8/13 1:47 am
VSG on 06/10/13

Thank you all for the positive words of encouragement. I will get through this! I just needed to let off a little steam! It is nice to know that I have support from people who have gone through this.  THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

Nicolena 

MacMadame
on 3/8/13 2:09 am - Northern, CA

Insurance companies are annoying. But some of those things really do need to be redone. Like the cardiac clearance. Your heart may have changed since last time.

Sorry you are in pain though.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/13 4:37 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Can't they just remove your lap band and let your tummy heal while you are waiting for the sleeve? Or would you prefer to have it all done in one shot? I think that nerve pain and pain from the port and while eating is enough to get the darn thing out ASAP

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views