The stress has begun!!!

FearlessCourt
on 3/25/13 6:23 pm - Davenport, IA
VSG on 04/02/13

I am a week out from my surgery date and the anxiety and stress have started. I know this is what I need to do to make myself healthy and start a family but the 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes even 4th thoughts have me wondering. The anxiety has kicked in to where I am not sleeping much and when I do it is not a restful sleep. I just want this week to go by fast and the date to be here. I am pretty sure I will be lots better after I am at the hospital and getting ready for surgery. I have been on this site daily reading and looking at success stories and it has helped a lot.

My biggest fear is that I will fail at using this awesome tool that I have decided to give myself. I know I will work to make this a lifestyle change but there is always the thought in the back of my head saying what happens if you fail. I have read some stories of people that have failed and gained a lot of weight back nd I don't want that to be me. I am going to do what I can to make this work and make myself healthy. It is time to take my life back and make it all that it can be.

Ok enough ranting for tonight but I can't guarantee there won't be at least one more before surgery!! :p

HW: 314 SW: 308 CW: 292  GW: 190    

shaci
on 3/25/13 8:10 pm - Salem, MA
VSG on 07/23/12

You'll be just fine! I worried too, and my weight loss has been a bit slower than i'd like it to be but i'm still very glad i did it and i'm sure you will be too!  Good Luck! I'll be rooting for you! :)

jpsp30
on 3/25/13 9:33 pm - TN

I can identify with how you are feeling. I am not so much worried about failing as I am relapsing (which is another form of failure). I am more frustrated with having to have this surgery. I hate it that I could not "discipline" myself into losing weight. But, I am really grateful to have this option available to me. WE will do fine.

Jeff - Located in East Tennessee; Surgery by Dr. Mark Colquitt on 4/12/2013

Highest Weight- 511; Initial Consultation Weight - 474; Surgery Weight 450    

Edelge
on 3/25/13 10:07 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

Yay, we are sleeve sisters!! I have all those same feelings and more, they are completely normal.  Last night I was laying here thinking "do I really need to do this? Can I lose weight on my own?" and after feeling my belly I again said YES!  I want to be healthy and live a long active life.  I want to set a good example for my daughter.  I am terrified not of not losing the weight but of regaining as I have before but I have to believe I can do it and try.  We are making ourselves better and it's scary but amazing! 

ArmyWife29
on 3/25/13 11:33 pm - GA

I just wanted to send you a note full of positive thoughts and encouragement!  I too felt pretty overwhelmed those first few weeks after surgery.  What has REALLY helped me, and what I also attribute my success so far to is PLANNING.  Each evening before bed I log onto MyFitnessPal and plan my meals and snacks for the next day.  Taking the guesswork and choices out of the picture will help relieve your anxieties immensely.  I am much less likely to deviate from my calorie/carb/protein goals if I have a plan in place and know exactly what I am eating/drinking and when.  If you have any concerns long on here and talk about them.  I know you're going to do just great! 

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 0 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 0 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 185 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 273 views