Goal Weight reached and I'm now "normal" (at least in the BMI range)

beach_mama
on 3/29/13 10:58 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

I started as a lightweight (which is funny to me) and finally lost those two pounds that have been hanging on for the past couple of months. Yay!  I haven't been this weight since high school...so weird and wonderful at the same time!.  I also think it's funny when girlfriends that are smaller than me tell me that I shouldn't lose anymore or "you must be done now??" Seriously??  I think it's because they don't want to be bigger than me lol.  They have never seen my smaller self before, where my "old" friends will say, "you look the same as you did in high school"....now those are true friends haha.

Happy Sleeving and Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/13 11:22 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

Congratulations!!  Its hard to get those last few pounds off but an amazing feeling when you do.  I'm hoping to be there soon, 1 lb away from "normal" and 6lbs to goal.

beach_mama
on 3/30/13 4:10 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you...yes, you will be there in no time at all!  Good luck.

MomofMarch
on 3/30/13 12:50 am - GA

Congrats! I'm a lightweight myself. I can't wait to get to my first goal! Surgeon set me at 165, but I'm going to do my best to get to 145 and see how it looks on me. Keep up the great work!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

beach_mama
on 3/30/13 4:10 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you and good luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/13 1:41 am

Congratulations! You've done great work!!!!!

and...........Welcome to maintenance where the rubber hits the road!

beach_mama
on 3/30/13 4:12 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you Kairk, and yes, you're right...no comes the hard part.  Not even sure how to do it.  I think I better start looking at other maintainers' food logs etc.  YIKES!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/13 6:46 am

Suggestions:

1. Join the maintenance group.

2. Start by doing what you're doing to lose weight and just add some more calories - maybe another clean meal.

Take if from someone who gradually let carbs back in (not just carbs, sugar) that it is best not to go down that road. I'm not sorry I did because I have learned from it, but it is not a path I would recommend. LOL!

beach_mama
on 3/31/13 3:05 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Is the maintenance group the same as WLS graduates?  If not, where do I find it?

Thank you for the advice...yes, carbs = evil !

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/13 3:25 am
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views