lowfat cheese Q

loveyameanit
on 3/30/13 10:10 am

Suggestions for good tasting low fat cheese? I used to eat those cheese cubes. I like the mozzarelle string cheese but I don't want to be limited.

SophieNJ
on 3/30/13 10:28 am, edited 3/30/13 10:31 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Laughing Cow Light!!!!!  wedges, very yummy!!  you can use them in mashed cauliflower and, well, I'm not at that stage yet, but I'm sure plenty of things. OH! and they just came out with a low fat cream cheese wedge, in flavors! 

part skim ricotta (find Shellys Ricotta Bake recipe....I can't wait to try it!).

personally, i think the 'sticks' might be too harsh for me at this point....maybe later.  and Cabot cheddar light...costco has individually wrapped.  baby bell light (costco has best prices)

Sophie

MsBatt
on 3/30/13 12:07 pm

There are cheeses, like mozzarella, that are naturally low in fat, and then there are cheeses that have been artificially made low or no-fat. Those, I would avoid. When they take naturally fat OUT, they have to replace it with something---and that something is usually carbs. Most of us got fat from eating carbs, not from eating fat.

jobyro
on 3/30/13 12:50 pm
I love the light babybel cheeses too. Also just sliced cheese, many come in low fat or ultra thin slices.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views