Boiled Eggs - with no boiling!

Calking
on 4/1/13 4:12 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Once again my friend Dave has shared this neat cooking tip with me.  I personally have not tried it but he has had great success.  Thought I would take a moment to share this with those of us that are not too good in the kitchen.

I am going to cut and paste exactly what he wrote ...

"A chef friend turned me on to this process.  He cooks literally hundreds of eggs at a time this way.  I was already using the oven over the weekend and thought I'd let it do double duty.  I was impressed!

Place your eggs (in the shell) in the cups of a muffin tray and bake them at 325 F for 25 to 30 minutes.  

Remove and place in cold water to stop the cooking process.

They come out creamier, more dense and are super easy to peel!"

I plan on trying this out in the next day or two.  Sounds super easy and I am looking forward to trying it out.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

bob-h
on 4/1/13 9:02 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Sounds interesting. You old think they would explode.  devil

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Jackie T.
on 4/1/13 10:50 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I haven't tried but know people who have.  It is the new way to have hard boiled eggs!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

thinnersinner
on 4/2/13 1:38 am

I saw this on pinterest and always wondered if it really worked as swift as it sounded.  Some of the ideas on pinterest flop.  I'm definitely going to try this.  Thanks!

chellenunley
on 4/2/13 3:38 am - Corinth , MS
VSG on 07/31/13

I fixed them like this last night, next time I will turn them mid way thru cooking. They had a brown spot where they were touching the muffin pan, but they were good. 

Calking
on 4/2/13 9:26 am
VSG on 05/31/12

So that was the first time you tried this?  It really seems like a easy way to get them cooked.  Nice to know about the turning.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

chellenunley
on 4/2/13 10:41 am - Corinth , MS
VSG on 07/31/13
It was. I saw it on Pinterest.

Julie L.
on 4/2/13 4:14 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

I've done this,  I don't use a muffin tin,  I just placed the eggs directly on the grills of the oven and put a cookie sheet on the grill below it to catch any messes if any of the eggs cracked (they didn't).   The eggs do peel easily but they do have brown spots on the whites,  not that it changes the taste any.

Calking
on 4/2/13 9:27 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Not having a muffin tin myself I am glad to know you don't need one.  Also good to know that brown spots can be expected and doesn't mean you messed up or the eggs are bad.

sleevegirl
on 4/2/13 10:11 am - Austin, TX

Okay, I just took these out of the oven. I couldn't NOT try it. LOL! I love boiled eggs but always forget about them on the stove. I'll try it for lunch tomorrow and report back. Or maybe a snack tonight, but I'm stuffed from this amazing grass fed beef steak that hubby made tonight. OMG.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views