Tilapia recipe

loveyameanit
on 4/7/13 10:11 am

The hubs took the son and MIL out for Mexican and I stayed home to make my own dilapidat5.

I am not ready nor will I be any where close to eating Mexican food right now. It's one of my triggers and I probably would pig out on cheese dip. I didn't go and that's okay. Instead, I whipped up my only little recipe for fish. This is what I did....

3 oz tilapia filet

10-15 pumps of I Can't Believe its Not Butter spray

canola cooking spray

1/2 tbsp. parmesan cheese (like the kind you use for spaghetti)

dash of lime juice

1/2 tbsp Durkee Grll Senstations Citrus Seasoning

I sprayed a glass baking dish with the Canola spray, I sprayed the fish with the butter spray and seasoned it with the citrus grill seasong, tipped with the parmesan and added a few dashes of lemon juice.

OMG! It was so yummy! I haven't put in into MyFitnessPal yet but I'm quite sure it will fit nicely into my calories and protein.

Do you have a favorite way to cook fish? Share!

HW-327   Pre-Op-293  CW-250    GW-196   

Sleeved 03/04/2013

www.thislifewasmeanttoshine.blogspot.com

thinnersinner
on 4/7/13 11:02 am

That sounds delicious!  I make a fish taco recipe (minus the tortilla) that I absolutely love:

Saute some diced white onion in a little Pam and lay the tilapia filets on the top.  Flake the filets apart.  Add chopped fresh tomato, minced cilantro, and squeeze half a lime.  Salt and pepper to taste.  You can eat it as-is, or I've recently discovered butter lettuce as a nice "tortilla".  I add some pepper jack cheese and sour cream.  It's very yummy :-)

I never used to eat tilapia, but I really like it.  Thanks for your recipe!

Diana E.
on 4/7/13 3:56 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

Both of these recipes sound great!  I love tilapia!  Generally I make mine with a little olive oil and butter spray (and I do mean a little) then squeeze in some fresh lemon and add capers, along with just a splash of the caper berry juice.   Oh, and salt and pepper for taste.  My favorite is to serve it with artichoke... those are a little more labor intensive.. I par boil them with a whole squeezed orange and lemon (squeeze it in the water, then throw the whole thing in)... take them out, cut in half, remove the fur.  Place on a cookie sheet, drizzle a little garlic oil, very lightly, squeeze another lemon over, salt, pepper... flip over, repeat... and then finish off on the grill.  I don't use any kind of dip for them.  They are delicious as is... but do go easy on the oil.  Can probably get away with transfering the oil to a Misto and spraying it on.   So, so good!

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

TheShrinkingCrafter
on 4/8/13 3:45 pm
VSG on 02/26/13

Both sound yummy! I'm loving Tilapia right now, so I will be trying both of these! Thanks ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views