What was I saving them for?

Miss150
on 4/10/13 1:06 am
Three weeks ago after being unable to stuff one more outsized piece of clothing under the bed, in the closet, or spare bedroom dresser drawers, I pulled everything out and completely piled up a mountainous mass of clothes, sized 28-30s to 20s 5x to x-large. Been saving and compiling them for years. Garbage bags ready-set- I couldn't do it, and there they set. Why? I told myself, "they're beautiful" (some are, but do I ever want to crawl back into any one of them? NO). INSURANCE- that's what it was! How many times in 30 years have I lost weight and given away clothes only to regain it back and more and not have anything in the closet to wear. Then have to go out and spend big bucks on big clothes that don't fit well anyways. Too many to count- not to mention the horrible expense. Today I put them in the garbage bags- all 9 bags full ANDDECLARESHENAGANSONFATcLOTHESINSURANCE!! My new insurance policy is based on my determination and willingness to do whatever it takes to eat well, exercise, and be vigilant! God help me continue to help and love myself. Off to the Good Will Store.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

serenity1959
on 4/10/13 1:11 am
VSG on 08/05/13

Good for you!   That is such a wonderful, positive thing to do.

acbbrown
on 4/10/13 1:14 am - Granada Hills, CA

As soon as I got rid of my big clothes, I get freaked out when my pants even start getting tight. That's one thing that will force me back on track.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

AdeanaMarie
on 4/10/13 1:21 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Weird how those large clothes give us some fake sort of security, isn't it.  I decided early on to get rid of the big clothes as I could not wear them anymore.  Donate them or give them to others.  My closet is filled with clothes that fit or are going to fit someday.  No more big clothes to fall back on.  Scary, yes.  Determined never to go back, that is my new security.

Enjoy the smaller sizes!  Clothes are so much more comfortable now.  Crazy, because I thought I was comfortable in my oversized stretchy pants.  Now I realize I like my clothes to fit me and how comfy I am with it.  

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

roladex17
on 4/10/13 1:25 am

Good for you!! That's so awesome! 

Shagdoll
on 4/10/13 1:43 am, edited 4/10/13 1:44 am

I know it's severely hard to get rid of the bigger clothes but we can do it!!  It's quite liberating actually.  I moved recently, about a month ago & I left all my size  10 & 12 pants for the Goodwill.  I just had to walk away.  Plus, I have really been telling myself that I need to keep this weight off, I just have too.  Too many reasons why it's better to be thinner than not.  Yes the physical appearance is great but I love the feeling of being smaller ... more energy, etc.  We can do this!  It's a life style change but it's so worth it!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

ParisGirl
on 4/10/13 3:17 am
VSG on 04/25/13

Last month I had 2 days off and my hubs was gone on a trip.  I cleared out all the closets and bureaus.  I ended up with 12 bags of clothes to donate to the Salvation Army (and a nice $500 tax deduction!).  I kept a few things for me as I lose, but not much.  I don't want reminders of what I couldn't fit into.  I just want to buy new (and inexpensive) pieces as I lose until I get to goal.

So happy you made the choice right for you and your new spirit!!!!  broken heartWTG!!!!

kellied77
on 4/10/13 3:57 am

I told my mom if..........when...........I lose enough weight to buy smaller clothes I'm going to make myself a quilt and call it my PHAT Quilt.  Using all the clothes that I have now.  This way I will have a totally functioning use for my "reminder" clothes.

Of course the ones that are too nice to cut up, I will donate.kiss

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

11Dayzee
on 4/10/13 11:11 am - Sterling, VA
VSG on 04/11/13

I am having my surgery tomorrow and my bedroom looks like a clothes bomb went off.  I just brought all my spring/summer stuff in my current size out of storage this weekend and my daughter gave me a complete wardrobe of smaller sizes, but the closet and drawers still have winter in them.   I have already lost 30 so hope I will be switching sizes soon.  I know how to sew, so I do plan on taking some things in and continuing to get use from them.  My plan is to either donate anything that I don't alter.  I guess I will be using my time off work getting things rearranged!

Glad to hear you got the courage to give up the old you and claim your new identity !

happyteacher
on 4/10/13 7:35 pm

Yea you!!!!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 99 views