Nectar! HELP!!!!

NikNakMcCants
on 5/1/13 3:20 am
VSG on 06/10/13

I am pre op so I have been trying various sample packs of protein powders. I have seen numerous posts raving about Syntrax Nectar. I ordered a sample pack of each flavor. I have tried three different ones and to me, they have all been extremely disgusting. Am I doing something wrong? How do you use your Nectar powder? How much water? Are you mixing other ingredients in? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Nicolena 

(I will not be fat in my 40's!)

AmberK
on 5/1/13 3:25 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

NO girl!! 

That was the first kind or brand I tried cause so many talked how awesome it is.......devil    ALL that I tried in the fruity kind made me sick! I like the mint cookie though, it is very good! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

sarapilar
on 5/1/13 3:34 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I love their Cappuccino.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Missy30
on 5/1/13 3:53 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I only like the chocolate and vanilla and then the mint cookie matrix.  I mix all those with almond milk no****er.  But I'm sure you could do half water half almond milk.  I blend mine in a blender.  You could also add ice make it more of a frapacino consistency I guess.  I could not stand any of the fruity flavors tho.  And my fav would be the mint cookie which is matrix.

MuttLover
on 5/1/13 4:03 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I exclusively use the unflavored and the Chocolate Truffle Syntrax.  Unlfavored, I used very early and mixed it with purees and soups. It's also OK in coffee or put into your greek yogurt with some flavored syrup.  NEVER with jus****er -- I think I'd have the same reaction as you -- YUCK!

I use the chocolate truffle to make coffee and shakes.  For shakes, I put some almond or soy milk, carton of 0% Fage, Syntrax, a few ice cubes, and more splenda (or syrup) if needed.  Whip it up and it's fine.  

I too, ordered a sample pack.  Totally weird.  I NEVER mix any of this stuff with water.  It's just too disgusting.  What I did with them:

Lemonade - -mixed a little with my Fage and a little bit of SF Cheesecake jello to make a cheesecakey flavor.  I also tossed a few blueberries or strawberries in.

Tropcial -- put in some coconut syrup with yogurt.

Strawberry mouse -- I made a shake (same as chococate) only I added a couple of frozen strawberries and a bit of frozen banana. Very rare treat for me!

Vanilla -- for the life of me, I have no idea what happened to that!  I am SURE I had two packets of it, neither of which were there when I went to make something.  Sneaky suspicion that hubby mixed it with his yogurt!

Scared to try the iced tea, grapefruit or apple.  I thought about adding the apple to yogurt with a little cinnamon and see if it's close to apple pie, but I haven't done it!  Since another woman in my support group drinks Isopure (unfathomable!), I am going to take them to her and see if she's interested!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Shagdoll
on 5/1/13 4:23 am

If you are talking about the fruity flavors, I had to mix those with water & crystal light.  When I tried the strawberry kiwi, I mixed it with the crystal light strawberry flavor.  I still taste the protein which is kinda yucky.  I had to stay with flavors like mint cookie (but I seriously O'eD on that one) but I still enjoy the cappuccino latte flavor.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

CyndiGail
on 5/1/13 4:37 am - Charlotte, NC
VSG on 06/17/13
Yuck! I also purchased the samples. I am glad to see the recommendations of the others because I tried the fruity with jus****er and they were gross. I am also pre op and the brand I liked most was Unjury. Isopure is gross!

VSG (6/17/13) HW: 266 SW: 250 CW: 159

Linda B.
on 5/1/13 5:35 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

First of all, your tastes will change after you have your surgery. I would do your sampling later on. As for Nectar, some like it, some don't, and that is OK. My DH hates it, I like a couple of flavors. I mix 1 scoop with 8 oz water (fruit flavors only) and shake. The package says it will mix with a spoon, hogwash, clumpy mess. However, it gets really foamy, so let it sit a while. I like the lemonade flavor with a small squirt of Mio. I also like the tropical one blended with ice to make is slushy.

You will find that many of us have favorite brands, but that doesn't mean it will be right for you. Just work on getting the best quality you can so you can get the protein in.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Kelly-AnneH
on 5/1/13 6:53 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I don't like any of the juice/fruity ones, but the apple is particularly vile. I do like the cuppaccino, mint cookie, strawberry cream, simply vanilla, chocolate milkshake, orange cream, banana. I especially like the micellar blends, because they give me the option of having "pudding" for a change by mixing a scoop with just 1/2 cup of milk. The chocolate "pudding" is especially satisfying with a tablespoon of cocoa added.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Nancybefree
on 5/1/13 8:27 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I failed miserably with the Syntrax Roadside Lemonade and Iced Tea flavors.  However, I really like the Matrix Mint Cookie and wasn't repulsed by the Chocolate Truffle. 

My go-to protein shake continues to be Unjury Chocolate Splendor in unsweetened almond milk, fwiw.  I tried the Unjury strawberry and vanilla flavors once, but wasn't tempted to try them twice.  I can drink the Chocolate Splendor mixed with plain water when I'm out and about.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views