onederland :]

artmaker
on 5/6/13 10:21 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

ONEDERLAND.

I was very hesitant to post a onederland post. Some very strange, but real, fear in me kept telling me 'what's the point?'; it kept telling me I'd just wake up tomorrow back in the two hundreds. Regardless, here I am! If anything, that fear will just makes me realize how accountable I am for my weight. In it's own strange way, it's what drives me. It might not be the healthiest mental approach, but I'm working on that too.

I have no tips or advice for anyone. Everyday I struggle, but the good thing is I now know the difference between what is good and what is bad; for me, learning has been the greatest thing I could've done for myself.

There is one trick I wanted to share with ya'll. When I'm on OH I feel inspired, accountable, and motivated. The problems arise when I'm out in the world, on my own, without your lovely internet voices guiding me along. So I do this every morning as a reminder to myself:

It says goal 48. meaning i am 48 pounds from my goal. I write it with a marker every morning after a weigh myself. I place it on the inside of my finger, so that it's discrete, but looking right at me all day ( particularly when I'm eating). I also made the very conscious decision of placing it on the ring finger of my left hand, to remember this is a promise and commitment to myself. Cheesy, yes, but also, oh so meaningful.

THANK ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE FOR BEING SO WONDERFUL :]

"Only the noble of heart are called to difficulty"

-Soren Kierkegaard

shess1025
on 5/6/13 10:39 am - Novato, CA

I think you've got a robe on or something.... so, really, you're even lighter!

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

artmaker
on 5/6/13 10:49 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

HAHA! Thank you for that! It's actually a towel [that goes all the way around me now :) ] I appreciate the extra pound! 

-Soren Kierkegaard

ParisGirl
on 5/6/13 10:39 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Congratulations!!! And love, love, love that idea!!!!

shess1025
on 5/6/13 10:51 am - Novato, CA

Now that I don't need a seat belt extender anymore...the two foremost goals I have are to 1) go horeback riding and 2) wrap a normal towel around me. I don't think I've even done that...

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

artmaker
on 5/6/13 10:56 am
VSG on 12/20/12 with

the towel was a big one for me! It was the sign that i was getting near some kind of normal.

I can see you've made a lot of progress, so I'm sure you'll be in a towel soon enough! I wish you nothing but the absolute best :]

-Soren Kierkegaard

Mom_2_4
on 5/6/13 10:40 am
VSG on 05/22/13

WOW!!! Fantastic! WTG!

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

jenn227
on 5/6/13 10:44 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

That is so awesome!!  Love your idea, too!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Scribbles
on 5/6/13 11:06 am - Canada
VSG on 12/05/13

Congratulations!!  And I love the idea of writing your goal on your finger...I just might steal that from you, but not until I'm a little (A LOT) closer!  Great job!

SleevieWonder
on 5/6/13 12:00 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I can't wait to join you there!!!  

I always had hoped that one day it would be easy...that the food/eating could be on autopilot. Ya know, we're finally finished-with-the-diet -- type of thinking.   BUT I am now learning that it is just a fantasy!  I (and I believe most of us) have to learn to be proud of the struggles (whether to lose or maintain our loss) with weight!  If we don't struggle, it may mean that we're not in control or have given up.  

Sooooo, long live the struggle!!!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views