grocery shopping ideas

Kristie B.
on 5/17/13 8:50 am - Surprise, AZ

I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping and I'm tired of the same old snacks, breakfast and lunch. I try to cook a healthy dinner and since that is prepared for the whole family I pretty much cook what they like and take a small portion.  Any suggestions? I haven't really been working the program and I've been eating what ever I want when ever since we moved a few months ago and I really want to get back on program.  I have discovered REV sandwich roll ups and they are pretty good. A little dry but not bad if I add mustard. I bought some of those quest bars last week and those aren't too bad.  I can't eat eggs.  They don't like me.  Also I'm allergic to shellfish.  Here is what I've pretty much been eating for the last 2 weeks:

Breakfast: Protein shake w/miralax and 2 scoops of greens

Coffee on drive to work

Snack: Activia and Kashi cereal bar

Lunch: REV Sandwich & small hand full of triscuits or fruit  or sometimes nothing

Snack: Quest Bar or Jerky

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

shrinking_sarah
on 5/17/13 9:03 am - CA

Here are some things I like:

sliced cucumbers in rice wine vinegar

tatziki (I found some at costco with decent stats) as a dip for sugar snap peas, sliced peppers, broccoli, etc.

laughing cow light wedges on slices of pepper or cucumber

turkey pepperoni

string cheese

For recipes the whole family will enjoy, try skinnytaste.com and click on "low carb" on the right.  Her recipes are generally fairly easy, quick, and good. 

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

pedirn06
on 5/17/13 9:46 am
VSG on 01/26/12
I like cocoa almonds (Emerald)
Sweet heat pork rhines
Cottage cheese with SF applesauce, splenda and cinnamon
Pumpkin cream cheese muffins
Mini egg muffins (bacon and cheese)
Eggbeaters ham and cheese omlette
Meatloaf
Parmesan crusted talapia
pedirn06