I dont really feel hungry,...but dont know how to tell when i am getting full???

babybird555
on 5/26/13 9:32 am
VSG on 05/14/13

I am 12 days post op....i really dont feel hungry, i am drinking 3 protein shakes a day,getting all my water in, I am very happy just drinking the shakes and sipping on some creamy soups.  But according to the diet my Dr. gave me it says i should start soft pureed food, so i started with a scrambled egg, which tasted great, i ate it slow, i ate the whole thing and didnt feel really full...just a few air bubbles.   Yesterday i ate some low fat cottage cheese, the small 4 oz. container, i also ate it very slow, but never felt like i needed to stop eating it.   Is 4 oz. too much for me to be eating?  Should have i been able to tell if i was gettin  full?  I dont want to over eat and stretch my sleeve.    Should i only eat 2oz. of cottage cheese and just stop at that?  I just want to make sure i do everything right, so i can be as successful as i can.

Any input would be appreciated.

Mom_2_4
on 5/26/13 9:44 am
VSG on 05/22/13

I'm only 5 days out but am curious about this as it feels like my sleeve can tolerate anything.... not that i've done anything more than clear liquids (LOL).

Good Luck on your journey!

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

ParisGirl
on 5/26/13 9:52 am
VSG on 04/25/13
I'm a month out. I would've stopped at 2 oz. I always hear Frisco saying "Undereat your sleeve!"

Even now, I don't eat more than 2 oz (maybe 3oz for fish). I still have at least one protein shake a day. I've been lucky in that I've tolerated everything I've tried.
You won't be feeling "full" for a while. Your nerves were severed and until you start eating dense protein (chicken, fish, turkey, etc...) you won't feel that restriction.

Good luck to you and welcome to the losers bench!!

WorkItOutWoman
on 5/26/13 11:31 am
Please measure your food then you won't have to worry about over eating. Don't look for that "full" feeling early out.

BoutThatLife

frisco
on 5/26/13 12:16 pm

For most, "Full" as we knew it before just does not exist anymore.....

The feeling of that puffed out fundus....... not there anymore.....

Eating till full is how most of us got fat.

Eat fixed/measured amounts of food that is under your sleeve capacity.

Learn to identify "satisfied"

Eat slow and progressively slower as you go.... 20 minutes is a good number......any longer than 30-40 minutes starts to overlap with grazing.....

It's just another meal...... the next feeding is just right around the corner.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/26/13 6:11 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Good question - one that I seem to struggle with also even at almost 8 months out. I also don't feel any hunger at all. So I eat to what I think is my capacity - 2-3 oz of dense protein then veggies. Then I stop. I must say I have to found that feeling of satiety or satisfaction every time but there have been a few times that I have felt it. We all need to cultivate that feeling so that we can learn to identify it and stop eating then.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

LVeronica
on 5/26/13 9:14 pm

I have been loving not feeling hungry at all, but I also don't feel full.  If I eat too much, I have no warning and all of a sudden my stomach hurts and I am salivating and need to throw up.  Measuring my food in a four ounce dixie cup or a two ounce shot glass has helped this.  I can eat soft and liquid food without much restriction.  I guess they just pass through the sleeve so quickly and leave more room right away so I never get that sick feeling.

babybird555
on 5/26/13 10:55 pm
VSG on 05/14/13

Thanks for all the information....i will definately start to measure what i am eating and now wont stress that my sleeve is unhappy.   Have a great weekend!!!   Life is Good!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 382 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 417 views