I have a date!

Kathy-cny
on 5/28/13 6:20 am - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Not a "date" date but a date for surgery....July 16,2013 is my date for surgery....the surgical scheduler at the office I go to said she has not had such an easy time with insurance as she did with mine...my husband carries the insurance and is a county employee in our home time so I feel blessed that it was so easy to get approved...the only thing I am worried or I should say concerned about is I will be going on our family vacation about 2.5 weeks post-op....we are going to the ocean, Cape Cod. We have a little cottage across from the ocean with a full kitchen. It will my hubby, my 12 year old daughter, and my older sister (first time vacationing w us) I spoke w her this weekend and showed her the diet plan and stages I will be on during the vacation and she was very supportive. I said to her that so much is centered on meal time as being the highlight of the day and we were coming up w strategies to make me feel comfortable on vacation....I can't hold them back from going out once in awhile but I will have to find other things to do while they are eating in a restaurant...like shopping! Walking, reading, and I said there may be opportunities I could eat w them in a restaurant if I bring my own....and then I pointed out all the things I would be able to hopefully do like climbing the huge sand dunes to the great ocean beached, climb the pilgrim monument, and maybe even ride a bike.... I am a little worried about energy level ,too but will have to deal with it when and if it occurs....thanks for all you insight...I have said it before but will say again...I find this site and the search button very helpful!

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

mokee
on 5/28/13 7:01 am - OH

Woot hoot!!

VSG  12-28-2012

mokee
on 5/28/13 7:01 am - OH

Woo Hoo!!!

VSG  12-28-2012

pineview01
on 5/28/13 7:19 am - Davison, MI

Yeah, 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

debk21
on 5/28/13 10:26 am - Mansfield, TX

Congratulations!!!  That's awesome!  If you have a full kitchen in the cottage, you're golden.  Don't worry about the restaurant thing.  I went to restaurants and drank water while others ate and just chattered my brains out.  While people are chewing, they are not able to talk...lol!  It was actually lots of fun.  Just carry what you need with you and eat/drink before or after the outing.  You can do this!  Good luck!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/13 10:47 am

Kathy,

Congratulations on getting your date! I remember how exciting that was for me.

As for your vacation, don't sweat it. At two and a half weeks out you most likely won't want to be eating very  much anyhow. I was going to restaurants as early as 10 days out and doing just fine. I ordered soup and was happy as a clam with that. I didn't have any deprivation issues when first sleeved and was in a mental zone of "this is what I signed up for and it's great!" Hopefully, that's where you'll be, too.

If you find you're having issues, get yourself out of the situation. It's not worth the torture to sit there and watch everyone eat and feel left out and resentful. For some folks it is too much, so have an escape plan.

I'm hoping you'll be surprised and find it's not a problem at all, but i think it's great that you're planning ahead. Forethought is a great indicator of success on this journey!

AmberL
on 5/28/13 11:13 am

Congratulations on getting your date!  I remember how releived I was when I got mine, just knowing when it was coming up took a lot of stress off of me! 

I'm only 3 weeks out (today!), and I wouldn't worry about your energy level.  At 2 weeks my energy level was great, and I have been doing so much house cleaning and playing with my daughter that I have hurt my back!  I don't mind the pain right now, it is there for a good reason and I'll take it easy for a couple of days to hopefully get over it.  But I tell you that just so you will know not to over do it, our bodies aren't used to so much activity so you kind of have to ease into it I guess!  At least mine wasn't used to so much activity!  But you should have a great time.

You will probably be eating beans by that stage, so you might could order refried beans if you go to a Mexican place, or pinto beans and mash them up if you go to a fish place etc.  But honestly it doesn't bother me to take some bouillon cubes and order ho****er and then just sit there and drink my broth while everyone else is eating.  Of course shopping is good too!!  I'm sure you will have a great time!

Kathy-cny
on 5/28/13 11:50 am - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Thanks for the good ideas! I will keep them in my mental notebook

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

themexcellentone
on 5/28/13 1:57 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Congratulations!  You'll be right after me--I'm on the 8th of July.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views