Picture Shocker!

Donnab62
on 6/9/13 12:21 am
VSG on 04/29/13

My daughter her husband and 2 of my grandkids came up from Florida. She is one of those people who like to take picture every time you turn around. Anyway we got together with my youngest her husband and 3 of my grandchildren and took pictures. I looked at myself and thought wow I don't look to terribly bad. When my oldest took out some older pictures of me and said look at the difference mom. I felt like crying! I never realized just how awful I looked or how huge I was. Why didn't somebody give me an intervention? My girls said mama we didn't see you as big. Besides they wouldn't of hurt my feeling for the world. I love my girls they are so sweet! I have made them promise if they ever notice me gaining weight back that they will say something. I tried to post pictures but I couldn't figure it out.

Donna

grayC
on 6/9/13 1:44 am
VSG on 05/01/13
That's beautiful!

lucy2e
on 6/9/13 1:45 am - Laurel, MD

Thank God for pictures because we are so blind to our true selves (but pictures don't lie!)

I've got some that I look at and just cringe and now hold side by side and just can't believe the difference!  My daughter said the same - I didn't ever see you as that big - I guess our kids see us with their hearts as much as their eyes...

Great job on your loss - now you'll have to share those pictures!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

mickeymantle
on 6/9/13 1:47 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I have been told by a vet to take pictures you don't see yourself in the mirror like you really are but in a picture you do

just wait till you lose all your weight  everyone loves a sexy Granny

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

sleevegirl
on 6/9/13 1:52 am - Austin, TX

It's tough. Just wait until you've lost so much that it's even MORE stark. My friends & family say the same thing... I didn't seem that big. The mind is a powerful thing. ((HUGS))

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

mrsfloflo
on 6/9/13 3:08 am - Grand Prairie, TX
My friends and family said the same thing, they didn't realize or see me a big.
Pictures are an invaluable part of this experience, keep taking them. There are so many aps that you can use to make a collage and those helped me keep track of my success and give me perspective. I enjoy everyone's before and after.
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Donnab62
on 6/9/13 4:16 am
VSG on 04/29/13

I definately need to keep old pictures around so I can see the difference. Really if I think about it, if somebody would have said something to me about my weigh I would have just binged. How humbling.

Donna

kayd51
on 6/9/13 9:40 am - NY
You have wonderful, loving daughters! Keep up the good work!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views