My Disney experience with my sleeve at 1 year out ( long)

aled1223
on 6/23/13 3:01 am

Just got in last night after being at Disney World for 6 days .  We drove straight through yesterday 19 hrs home.  Of course what is the first thing I do? Run in and get on the scale .  5lb gain!   But wait.....   Already down 3 as of this morning after drinking tons and lets say a weeks worth of back up BM.   So hopeful ill get rid of the 2lb quickly.  I will have to say I ate my way through Disney.  I know not good.   But I never got my own meal.  I shared a little off my families mainly eating off their protein.  However I did have every Disney treat imaginable caramel apples, pretzels, carrot cake cookies, rice krispy treats, frozen bananas etc. My daughter (19 years old (110lbs) had a top things to eat list.  I never had my own. Just a few bites shared.  In fact  all 4 of us shared the treats.   So I felt a little guilty ... But  thoroughly enjoyed myself!  Loved having my picture made unlike 8 years ago the last time we went.  Back on track and doing a little carb detoxing for a few day to get my back on track.

gloria P.
on 6/23/13 3:45 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
Try to get back on track ASAP! Very important. You might want to do a week of just protein and protein shakes and go carb free cold turkey to get started again. Glad you had a great time!!

aled1223
on 6/23/13 3:55 am

Yes, I'm doing protein shake for breakfast, grilled chicken and fish.  I may allow myself some green veggies.

sleevegirl
on 6/23/13 4:56 am - Austin, TX

No room for guilt. It happened, you made a choice.

Honestly? When we go out of town, I come back usually with a 1-8 pound gain just from being away from home, not getting my water in and I loosen up my eating.

I'm not going to be perfect, so I plan to be imperfect.

Is that the right thing to do? I dunno, but I'm learning about myself. I also find that my skinny friends do the same, they plan to enjoy treats and pick up clean eating when they get back. I think we do the best we can.

I dunno if that will work for me long term, but I am taking this whole thing a step at a time :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views