1 week post op

abbyluwho
on 7/2/13 7:02 am - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with

Surgery was 6-25, and other than a lot of horrible nausea afterwards, it seems that everything as gone well.

My chest is sore, right at my breast bone, and I get winded if I talk a lot.  Odd, but nothing hurts overly much so I'm not worried about it.  Other than the medicine ball thing I had attached to me, I took no other pain meds, and haven't yet either.  It was a little scary removing those catheters, I almost passed out, but it all worked out and I am very happily tube free!    I tried to wear regular shorts yesterday, and my belly button is not happy with me today, it is sore.  I won't be trying that again for awhile!

Today was the first day I have gotten in my full 50 of protein.  The drink was just so thick, I couldn't take but a sip or two before I felt it.  I know that I am over scared of putting in too much and getting sick, or just plain pain.  But today I could tell that I could drink just a little more at a time.  I've constantly got a water bottle with me, dry mouth isn't something that I care for. 

I am down a full 10 pounds since last Tuesday, and I see it in my face.  I haven't seen my husband since before surgery, so I can't wait to see what he thinks of me in 6 more weeks or so! 

I will honestly say, that while in the hospital, with the gas, and the nausea, and the dry heaves, I was a bit scared, thinking that I had truly screwed up big time.  But now, having not had diabetic meds for almost 4 full weeks, and numbers that are beautiful, I am feeling ecstatic and absolutely positive that I made the best decision for me!

Anne64
on 7/2/13 7:57 am
VSG on 06/19/13

Good for you!  Did you have a hiatal hernia repair?  My diaphram and chest area hurt and my doc thought it might be due to that repair.

Welcome to the losers bench!

Anne

HW: 260 SW:233  CW: 159 Pre-surgery loss -27 Month One: -16.5. Month Two: -14.5 Month Three: -14 Month Four: -8  Month Five: -8  Months 6 - 9 total: 17

abbyluwho
on 7/2/13 8:03 am - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with

I did!  That makes me feel a whole lot better! 

teachernikki
on 7/2/13 8:43 am - Lewiston, ME

I am a day behind you! Im jealous that you got your full amount of protein in! Way to go!!!

HW: 330 ~  SW: 312 ~ CW: 282

cmgrayson
on 7/2/13 8:50 am
VSG on 06/25/13

I had a hiatal hernia repair also and it feels 'tight' at the breast bone area (some pain occasionally). I feel better knowing someone had the same symptom. Also had the dry heaves in the hospital (I decided to pass on the morphine button after one hit due to nausea).My surgery was also 6/25 and feeling pretty good but having a hard time with the protein shakes (can't get them down fast enough and then they aren't cold anymore = I am done with them).

I've had to take a couple of doses of Hydrocodone syrup due to pain but so far doing ok (and have on regular shorts that are buttoned). Also the side-stitch like pain in my tummy (to the left of belly button) is easing up. abbyluwho if you want to be surgery buddies let me know since we are the same date :)

abbyluwho
on 7/2/13 9:43 am - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with

My trick to getting all the protein in is, I doubled the scoop (1 scoop =25) and only about 10 oz of skim milk.  It's pretty thick, but I take a good 3 sips or so, and put it right back in the fridge, so it stays cold.   It took most of the day, but I got it in.  

I'm still new here, I don't even know how to get my surgery date up there by my name! 

abbeycat43
on 7/2/13 1:01 pm, edited 7/2/13 1:01 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views