Warning to all pre op dieters

ThisGuy
on 7/6/13 1:10 am - FL

DO NOT go out and cut your yard (5 acres) and weed eat while on a liquid diet. 

Thank god, I got it all done before the full body shut down. Even with me drinking 1 Low cal Gatorade and 2 bottles of water while working, my body totally gave out on me. First, it started with light headiness, then the full body cramps. I'm ok now, but I had an hour where I was in deep doodoo. It's hard to believe that I was dehydrated. 

mickeymantle
on 7/6/13 1:18 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

shore you burned through all your carbs and stored energy faster than the fat could burn off , plus if it is as hot there as here you sweated a ton

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

ThisGuy
on 7/6/13 1:33 am - FL

I got up at 7am to get it done before the heat hit. I don't think I'll be cutting my yard again for another 2-3 months. Which means more dollars out of my pocket.blush

pdtmd501
on 7/6/13 1:27 am

Wow, glad you're ok now. 

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

Calking
on 7/6/13 8:21 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Are you sure it was dehydration?  The reason I ask is that during my pre op diet I was on two different blood pressure meds and two Diabetes II meds.  Although day one pre op my primary care physician had me off one Diabetes II and halved the other Diabetes II med.  

I soon found that I would get light headed a few days out and took myself off a blood pressure med which helped for awhile.  After another four days I was getting that light headed thing again and totally eliminated my blood pressure meds all together which again helped.  At about 13 months out now I have not taken a blood pressure med since pre op.  Also I stopped my last Diabetes med pre op and have not been on that either.  

It is possible that you are getting some low blood pressure hits.  Remember that during this diet your sodium intake is likely getting lower than normal as well.  As high sodium does play a role in blood pressure this may also be an issue.  

More than likely it was dehydration but I am just letting you know that there could be other things going on.  Especially if you are taking medications for blood pressure, diabetes, or even other things.  

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active