Spasms and heart burn.

zeke
on 7/11/13 3:17 pm - Dunlap, TN

I'm 9 weeks out from my surgery and down 55 lbs.  Things are going well but I have a couple of things that are bothering me.  I try my best to chew my food until it is almost liquid but I still have problems with spasms.  The doc gave me levisen to take but i'd really rather not take anymore medication than I have to.  I would have thought that spasms would have started to subside by now.

The other thing is heart burn.  I take a  pepsid complete at least once a day and sometimes twice.  I do drin****d tea during the day and the caffine could be part of the problem.  I have gone days without drinking anything bu****er but the heartburn is still there.  Will this subside too or do you think I should be more concerned?

pineview01
on 7/11/13 3:31 pm, edited 7/11/13 3:31 pm - Davison, MI

At nine weeks out the had me on 2 PPI's a day.  This is also why we aren't suppose to have caffeine at all.  We were told  forever is the best but, 6 months was a must.  Some here doesn't every give it up, I do know when I give into my addiction for ice tea I have more reflux.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

gloria P.
on 7/11/13 4:14 pm - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
Just about everyone has to take ppi's. definitely not something you want to mess around with. Untreated reflux leads to erosion, Barrett's esophagus, and esophageal cancer. You didn't have this surgery just to get more problems. As the weight comes off you will be rid of some of your medication probably but not the ppi. My spasms lasted about 10 days and then quit but everyone is different.

Yocie
on 7/11/13 10:50 pm
VSG on 11/06/12

Many of us have had to try several different types of meds to find the right one for our own acid reflux issues. If the Pepcid isn't doing it for you, you might have to try others, many of which are over the counter items. I hope your able to get some relief soon.

Most Active