Run Or Dye 5K Today

gabriellaz
on 7/20/13 10:40 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

I had a great time today at the Run or Dye 5K today with my friends/coworkers and suuuuper happy because my 14 year old baby boy went too and it was his first 5k, He LOVED it! I am sooo proud of him, he was in the lead for awhile and ended up finishing in 20 minutes and I finished in 37 minutes, which is awesome for me since the first one I did took me 52 minutes to complete.  We  alI had a BLAST and were all looking forward to the next one, IDK, Maybe the the Neon Run, Zombie Run or even the Mud Run :) I uploaded some pics to my profile. It's funny because I ordered a size medium t-shirt, because when I registered earlier this year in March thats what size I was, but I wear mostly small tops now,  So I was kinda swimming in that medium shirt, lol. I would have never ever in a million years think that I what ever wear a small top and size 4 skinny jeans. Loving this new healthier lifestyle

Gabbz

Sandy M.
on 7/20/13 10:41 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I did the Run or Dye in Fargo last month - what a blast!  Good job on your time!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

gabriellaz
on 7/20/13 12:35 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
I agree, They are sooo much fun. Thank you. Looking forward to the next one

abbeycat43
on 7/20/13 11:02 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Way to go!! I can't wait to run my first 5K...I have one planned for October and I started to C25K program a couple of weeks ago...My 15 year old daughter is doing it with me, too! I hope to teach her some fitness tools, as well and nutritional information so that she will not follow in my footsteps, unless it's during a 5K!!!

gabriellaz
on 7/20/13 12:45 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Thank you. I think you and your daughter are going to love it. After the first one, I just want to sign up for all of them, lol. Same here about teaching our kids about fitness and nutrition. I actually have to post a before and after family pic, because my hubby and boys have also lost alot of weight due to my healthier eating habits and more active lifestyle. I look back and feel terrible that all four of us were over weight because of me, but I feel even happier and proud that all of us are finally on the same page headed in the right direction

Bella_Fein
on 7/20/13 11:20 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Awesome job! And way to go kiddo!!

I signed up for 2 in September and am terrified. I am still dying just walking 1.61 miles. I am going to pin a note to my shirt to call my husband to let him know which hospital they took me to

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

gabriellaz
on 7/20/13 12:51 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Thank you sooo much. Yes, this momma is so proud. I was terrified the first time too, but after I completed it, I felt awesome, like I can do anything, lol. You will love it and feel so good about yourself No worries, they always take down emergency contact info at these events in case of an emergency and have on site first aid, lol. You got this

PrincessPR
on 7/20/13 11:44 am
VSG on 12/17/13

Good job and nice time!!! Now, you need to graduate to a 1/2 marathon. I've done two, as a "big" girl, so I KNOW you could do it. It's super rewarding and addicting!!!! Regardless, WTG!!! 

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

gabriellaz
on 7/20/13 12:55 pm - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Thank you. Holy crap, I would probably pass out, lol. I think I still need to do few more 5k's and train more, then MAYBE attempt a 1/2 marathon, lol

PrincessPR
on 7/20/13 2:50 pm
VSG on 12/17/13

I see you're in CA. You should try to do Nike Woman's Marathon (1/2) in San Fran. It's always at the end of Oct. I did it in 2010. I'm not going to lie. The hills were Challanging but the course was BEAUTIFUL!!! PLUS, instead of a finishers medal, you get a silver Tiffany necklace. As in Tiffany & Co.!!!! Plus Nike puts on a FANTASTIC event!!!!!!! SUPER fun! It can be hard o get in. About 30,000 people participate. But if you start working on it now, you might be able to do it in Oct 2014. Anyway, I highly recommend it!!!!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views