Good in theory...Bad in reality!

teachernikki
on 7/21/13 11:28 am - Lewiston, ME

Sooooo...I finally got back to the gym today and I restarted my Couch to 5k program starting over on day 1, week 1. 31 mins later, I was finished! Yahoo! I went on to do some legs and arms and called it a day. Fast forward the the locker room where I began throwing up, the walls were spinning and I literally had to lay down on the nasty ass bench because I couldnt function for a good 10 mins. I finally made it to my car where I sat in the A/C for another 10 minutes until I felt it was save to drive. #gymfail! How in the world am I supposed to NOT feel like that again and I was drinking before and during my workout? I am pretty sure if I went with someone or someone walked into the locker room I would have gotten an all expense paid trip to the ER. womp womp!

HW: 330 ~  SW: 312 ~ CW: 282

Jennifer L.
on 7/21/13 11:35 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

So sorry that happened!! Are you feeling better? 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

teachernikki
on 7/21/13 11:48 am - Lewiston, ME

Yes! I feel just fine now. I cooked an egg when I got home to get some more protein. I did take some small sips of water while working out. I wonder if I should hold off drinking before and during??

abbeycat43
on 7/21/13 11:45 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Yay! on going back to the gym and restarting your C25K program...Boo! on the after affects...But your situation brings up a question I have had about drinking and working out....I find that it makes me nauseous to drink before or during...should I try to anyway or should I just make sure I hydrate after...opinions anyone... 

teachernikki
on 7/21/13 11:50 am - Lewiston, ME

Good question! I will be interested to hear what others have to say!

sleevegirl
on 7/21/13 11:50 am - Austin, TX

IMHO, it sounds like you pushed it too hard. Even if you have to repeat a week a few times, keep it slow and build slowly. Let your body adjust. Hang in there!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

teachernikki
on 7/21/13 11:54 am - Lewiston, ME

I very well may have! I am just shy of a month out and besides the walking ive been doing, this was my first real workout!

abbeycat43
on 7/21/13 12:07 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I'm repeating week 1 for the third time, just not ready to progress...3 is my limit though, I will move on to Week 2 next week...I figure if I was just out of shape, maybe twice would be fine, but...I'm out of shape and had major surgery...don't want to overdo it...I take pics of the treadmill readings every time I'm done, so I can see and refer back to my progress...and each time it gets just a little better...YAY!!

RPick67
on 7/21/13 12:20 pm
VSG on 06/11/13

I don't know how long you've been gone from the gym but it sounds like you were on the first workout on the Biggest Loser.......Hurling and passing out are quite common the first day.  Its my favorite episode of every season. lol  Your not even a month out so take it easy and work yourself up off the Couch a little slower than folks who havent' just had surgery.  Good Luck!!

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/13 1:51 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Wow, I'm really impressed! At a month out from surgery all I could manage was a slow walk on the treadmill. You may be pushing it a little too much. That being said it's very common for me to throw up during or after an intense workout. I try to make sure I'm well hydrated before the workout and I also do a BCAA drink right before the workout. Afterwards I do a protein shake because it helps in rebuilding the muscle you just worked out.