Help Me Please!!!

Donnab62
on 7/25/13 3:04 am
VSG on 04/29/13

I went to the NUT today and she said I am exercising too much and not getting enough calories. I need to start eating 2 or 3 snacks a day. Stop exercising everyday and only exercise for half an hour at a time. Blah blah blah. I asked her isn't that grazing? She said yes do it anyway you need to eat more for your MBR.

Next was the surgeon continue to increase your exercise. Get your protein in without the supplement they are unwanted sugar and carbs. Don't worry about veggies right now protein protein protein. The opposite of what the NUT said.

Snacking between meals is what got me in trouble in the first place. Now that I don't experience hunger it is really hard. I don't want to fall back into old habits of snacking between meals. I am so frustrated and confused. Please help.

This plateau needs to go away as well!

Donna

Sandy M.
on 7/25/13 3:10 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

It's hard to give feedback without knowing what you're eating and how much you're exercising.  Can you give us an idea?

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Jackie T.
on 7/25/13 3:11 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I do not know what to you tell you!  Everyone has their own opinions.  For me, I would be concerned about grazing all day.  My progress had slowed down quite a bit but I just upped my calories by trying to eat more protein and things have started moving again.  Maybe on days you exercise, you eat more protein.

Keith would probably be a good one to help you on this as he has done a lot of research,

I hope you get some helpful answers here.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

datachick
on 7/25/13 3:24 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

"Grazing" is different than having two or three planned snacks.

I plan snacks the same as meals. I have them prepared and/or easy to select.

Grazing is wandering thru the kitchen or past someone's desk and grabbing something that's not on your plan at a time of day that is not meal or snack time.

Snack = a cheese stick and 1/2 C blueberries or carrots, or 3 oz yogurt, etc.....at a prescribed time of the day.

I have been eating three meals and three snacks since I could eat real food, and it's been fine for me. Keeps me from grazing.

In the beginning I set my phone alarm to go off at the right times of day, when I was supposed to eat. I wasn't hungry but I was supposed to do it, so I did it.

Now it's just routine. At the right times of the day, I eat what I'm supposed to. No grazing problems for me. Try it out.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

loverofcats
on 7/25/13 3:29 am

Data chick is correct. Planned snacks are different from grazing . Planned is the key word here. Grazing is mindless and is what led many of us to gain weight. 

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

datachick
on 7/25/13 3:30 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

BTW, I work out a lot (4x/week with trainer) and I'm fine.

I increased up to 1200/cals a day, and add a protein drink on workout days.

My wife (RNY) also works out out 4x/week with trainer, but she's still down at 800-900 cals and feels fine.

It's how you feel--can you make it thru your workouts? Are you losing weight regularly at a safe/healthy rate? Yes you do have to feed your body more so it'll burn fat. Otherwise it thinks it's starving and will hang on to every calorie.

My NUT has never told me to cut back on exercising. That is whack. She said to listen to my body. I increased from 800->1200 calories when I started working out because I was exhausted. It wasn't over night, it took a coupla weeks to do it.

"Snacking between meals" has a diff meaning to me now. It's not the devil it used to be.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Lisa1023
on 7/25/13 6:08 am
VSG on 03/05/13

did you lose 114 since just APril?   if so, t hat is a hella ton !!  your body deserves a break... be patient.

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

Donnab62
on 7/25/13 7:51 am
VSG on 04/29/13

No I have lost 53 since April. Nothing for the month of July.

Donna

Donnab62
on 7/25/13 7:56 am
VSG on 04/29/13

It just makes not since to me. I only eat protein and usually I need to add a 30g protein drink. I added in cauliflower a couple of times last week as a snack because I need the bulk.  I exercise about an hour or a little more a day. Swimming and I'm trying to train for a 5k. I also use the exercise bike. Thanks for your help.

Donna

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/13 9:44 am - Worcester, MA
VSG on 02/25/13

I excercise 3 x a week. My nut said I needed to get 70 grams of protein and about 1000 calories. I try and eat every 2-3 hours. Small meals. It's tough but the scale keeps dropping for me. I noticed if I eat that many calories I loose, if I don't I stay the same. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views