Ladies -- need clothing brand recommendations -- or will soon be forced to join nudist colony!

MuttLover
on 8/2/13 11:28 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Thanks!  The problem is that winters are little cold here!  LOL!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Bella_Fein
on 8/2/13 12:33 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

There is a nudist colony about an hour from my house. I can give you directions. They hold an annual 5K race there too. You get a place to stay and some good exercise. The race is called As Bare As You Dare

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

pineview01
on 8/2/13 12:51 pm - Davison, MI

I am having the same issues!  My waist is small compared to my butt.  Lane Bryant "blue" right size are the only to fight right. They go down to 14 and that is what I'm wearing.  Anything else not not right fit, don't.  They used to carry these in fashion bug in normal size but are out of business so I can't find anything to fit my lower body.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Donamay247
on 8/3/13 10:22 am - NY

The Dress Barn has great pull-on pants that fit nothing like a typical pull-on.  They have a wide no-roll waist band, a tummy panel, and would be perfect for work.  They come in all sizes too.  

Luvmylilboy
on 8/3/13 10:37 am - VA
VSG on 04/11/13

I love Eddie Bauer.  They have several fits to choose from and a 100% guarantee.  You can return anything (except swimsuits), anytime for any reason.  

KathyA999
on 8/3/13 10:53 am

I'm 5'7" too, and have similar proportions - long waist, short from waist to hips.  Pants always seemed to be way too high-waisted for me.  Thankfully, these days a lot of styles are what we used to call hip-huggers, which is still higher than my hips, but doesn't end up under my boobs, as you said. 

QVC has a style called "modern waist" meaning a lower waist than traditional.  One of the things I like about QVC is they give specific measurements for each garment.  Other lines, look at the model or style and see how it fits on the model, or look at the number of inches in the rise, if they give it.  For me, about 11 inches is what works.  Traditional pants in my size, the rise would have been about 14 inches.

If you have CAbi in your area (a line of clothes that are sold at home parties), their pants work nicely, all are low-waisted.  Also Boston Proper, an online brand.

Good luck!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

AdeanaMarie
on 8/4/13 11:42 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I do most of my shopping at thrift stores, but the brands I find there that fit well are:  Elle (Kohl's), Massini (not sure where that is sold), New York & Company, JJill, Coldwater Creek, flowy skirts, Dresses that you can wear leggings with, 

If you have a Thrift sore near you, I would go and check it out, Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc... Lots of different brands all in one place and you can make one trip to one store to see what fits and what you like.  It takes a bit longer to sort through, but I would never have known what brands fit well, without going to the second hand shops.  What is nice, they usually have already been washed once, so the shrinking has already happened and you know how well they are made after a washing too. Some clothes look and fit great prior to washing and then they turn into junk after being washed once, pilling and misshapen, etc...

Happy hunting!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views