Protein Drink I just found and thought I would put out there ... and a little rant ... lol

Lisa1023
on 8/14/13 2:58 am
VSG on 03/05/13

i looked it up online, and yes it IS whey protein concentrate.  That figures.  I'm now looking into others,  ER Elite brand which seems to be whey protein isolate AND it's cheaper than Matrix Syntrax.  win/win.  thanks for the tip...

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

dot4you
on 8/14/13 3:04 am - CA

Check out Syntha-6 Isolate protein... I think they have a mint flavor?? Check that label

Calking
on 8/14/13 3:53 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Compared to the other proteins on the market, whey is one of the fastest digesting proteins (hydrolyzed = fastest,  isolate = faster, concentrate = fast).  For the same reason that you are advised to use a chewable multivitamin the isolate is better as it is digested faster.  

The primary difference between isolate and concentrate is that the isolate is the more purer form of protein. Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of around 70-85%. 

I have a link to an article that i like to refer people to as it seems to be a lot of information about the various forms of whey protein and why cold processed whey protein isolate is one of the better options.  

http://www.cancerinfonet.org/lifestyle/are-all-proteins-created-equal-no-whey.htm

I personally really enjoy the About Time brand that can be found at gnc.com among other places online. Occasionally you can also find them at a local GNC store but as I understand it most GNC stores are corporate and that there are few out there that are franchised.  It would be found at the franchised locations usually if at all.  The About Time is 100% all natural with only 4 ingredients ... 100% Cold processed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Flavor, Stevia, and Xanthan Gum (a thickener made from a plant).  These also sell pretty cheap for about $37 per 2 lb container yielding about 30 servings.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Tracy D.
on 8/14/13 4:43 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are a wealth of knowledge on protein powders and I'm always so thankful to read your posts and get more information about this subject.  

Thanks, Calking!   I'm going to check this out and try it since I'm a little tired of the Isopure 0 Carb drinks. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kimbaru
on 8/14/13 2:59 am - WA

Thanks for the link!  I will def. check it out,

Kim

jarabacoagirl
on 8/21/13 12:48 am
VSG on 12/17/12

I'm with you on junk protein.  I like that this is all natural.  I've been having a problem lately that I can't stand the taste of ANY protein. (not even the junk ones cause they taste so artificial.)  I have the natural ones and a ton of it at home like Jay Robb, Now Sports and About time.  Unfortunately lately I barely drink any because the taste is really getting to me.  So I'm trying to make sure I get my protein from food.  If I'm short I usually eat a quest protein bar which I'm not crazy about the taste either but easier to get down than those old protein shakes.  Thanks for your post on this protein water.  Maybe I'll try that. 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Most Active