Slow, slow weight loss

katie L.
on 9/2/13 11:41 am

I only los 1 lbs this week. I shouldn't complain in almost 5 months I have come from a size 28/30 to 18/20. I have learned that it's not always pounds that we lose that are important. The inches we lose are just as important as the pounds. I'm going to start weighting myself every two weeks not every week. I have not been active the last few weeks my back and knees are swollen and the pain is so that I can't walk or stand no more than 2-3 mins. I have an appointment to see the doctor this week. Mybe he will give me a shot or some pain pills. Than I maybe able to start walking and losing again.

busboss1
on 9/2/13 11:43 am
VSG on 12/18/12

You are doing GREAT! Congratulations! Measuring is SO important, especially during the slower periods. My loss has slowed down as well but as long as the scale is going in the right direction, I'm good! Keep up the good work!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Member Services
on 9/2/13 12:52 pm - Irvine, CA

You have accomplished a great deal.  Congratulations on your success so far.angry

Debra M.
on 9/2/13 1:33 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
I am sorry to read that you are in so much pain. I had some problems with my knee joints too. I couldn't hardly walk. My doctor told me to try Tylenol and told me I could take up to 2500 mgs per day. After a couple of days I was feeling much better. You need to check with your doctor about any medications to make sure there will be no conflict with any drugs you may already be taking. Hope you are feeling better soon.

roundater
on 9/2/13 7:44 pm - Lincoln, NE

Sorry to hear you are having problems. But yes congrats on how far you have come. I found that an exercise regimen helped me as far as any post op pain. Check with your doc on maybe setting up a regimen for you and maybe this as well as the pain pills will help alleviate it. Again, WTG on your success so far.

Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/13 8:31 pm

After gastric bypass surgery, you will face little pain, get a check up done again follow up with your surgeon.

he will guide you very well ! don't have to worry, all have to go to the pain !

A. Kondrlik
on 9/2/13 9:17 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

When my weght loss slowed, I started dropping sizes like crazy.  Our bodies need to catch up with out weightloss sometime.  Stay the course and you will find the same.congratulations on losing over 100 lbs in such a short period of time

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

tigerbelle
on 9/2/13 11:16 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

agree with Anne....you have come a long way in 5 months...keep up the good work and try not to get discouraged...I am a slow loser as well, as you can see on my ticker but I am trying to hang in there heart

katie L.
on 9/3/13 2:57 am

THANK YOU for the support. You all are number one in my book.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views