Meet My Surgeon Tomorrow, Shoud hubster come?

bdaycakegirl
on 9/3/13 1:38 am

I've done my WL trial. Now  I meet the surgeon tomorrow and get started on my nutrition classes and other requirements.

My hubs doesn't know how much I weigh. In the past he always has, but I am at a pretty record high. I want him to come to meet the surgeon for support and to hear about the program, and just because this a huge step. But  I also really don't want him to know the number. I"m embarassed.

Thoughts?.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Nikke2003
on 9/3/13 1:55 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

If your husband is supportive and loves you, the number shouldn't matter.  You could ask him to turn around or something when they weigh you... or you could choose to come clean. 

My husband NEVER knew what I weighed until I had my first visit with the weight management clinic. Telling him was like a weight off my shoulders. It felt good to let it out, even though it was incredibly embarrassing. Now, I tell him what I weigh almost everyday. You never know, it could make you feel better?

BUT, if you don't want to... totally understandable. Again, you could just ask him to turn around and ask the nurse to be discrete. I'm sure he/she would understand!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

mickeymantle
on 9/3/13 2:00 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

yes 100% bring him he goes thru your journey also, and has to know what to expect, and he problly has questions and his own fears about the surgery

I didn't want my hubby to know my weight  at first , but finally figured out that he sees me naked all the time and knows how heavy I am so why hide a number

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Wendy Covill
on 9/3/13 2:05 am - VT

Oh big YES! My husband had no clue how much I weighed. The number even shocked me because I was dieting a month before the appointment! This just solidified to my husband how much I needed this. He had seen me struggle and he has been with me every step of the way! We are a strong marriage and this is making us stronger as we are journeying together.

Wendy

G5x5
on 9/3/13 2:05 am - VA

My wife never attended any of the office visits with the surgeon.  I'm not really sure it would have mattered much as those were mostly routine stuff.

She did come with me to the original seminar and the pre surgery weight loss class.  The main idea was so that she'd know how extensive the process is and be a little prepared for it.  In hindsight, it seems kind of optional to me.  I'm not really sure it mattered much either but it was nice to have her there.

I guess it comes down to would you be more comfortable with him along for the ride?

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

gonnabhealthysoon
on 9/3/13 2:12 am - TX

My hubby came along with me to meet the doc and has been with me every step of the way.  The nurse actually took him into the exam room and then took my weight.  Maybe you can ask the nurse to do that for you.  I told him my weight because he's always known it but I thought it was nice that she give my the privacy and option to not tell him if I didn't want him to know!

HW: 295, SW: 282.6, CW: 245.8

Month 1: - 20, Month 2: - 16.8,

LosingSarah
on 9/3/13 2:15 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I say bring his and let him see that number. I have been sharing my weight with my hubby since before we were married. Soon to be celebrating 10 years of marriage and it hasn't bothered him yet despite it being higher than ever. 

Honestly, it feels liberating to let go of that "secret"

emelar
on 9/3/13 2:15 am - TX

In a few months, you'll be telling strangers on the street what your high weight was.  I wouldn't sweat it.  It's always good to have a second, slightly more objective, person in the room when talking procedures.  They tend to think of things you forgot to ask and remember things that you were too stressed to remember.

bdaycakegirl
on 9/3/13 2:54 am

This is probably true and made me chuckle!

Nikke2003
on 9/3/13 3:41 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

You're totally right lol... I don't just tell my husband how much I weigh now... I tell pretty anyone I talk to about my weight loss lol...it's very liberating!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 87 views