NSV-Warm motorcycle clothing!

busboss1
on 9/3/13 9:48 am
VSG on 12/18/12

My husband and I went out and bought me clothes to ride this fall on our Harley. I was always SO embarrassed to ride with him because I was bigger than him. Now I weigh less and I'm having fun riding again. We got me pants and a jacket (water proof as well) so I can ride with him this fall. I just love the smells and the beautiful fall colors in the fields before the combining begins! Can't wait now for it to get cold enough to wear it!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Rms928
on 9/3/13 10:24 am
VSG on 03/20/13

I hear ya!  I'm fitting into my leather jacket from when I was 18 again!  Leaving on a week's ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains on Saturday. Can't wait!

busboss1
on 9/4/13 10:02 am
VSG on 12/18/12

We are lovers of the Smokies. Tennessee and North Carolina=BEAUTIFUL! Have a great time!

frisco
on 9/3/13 11:16 am

Very Cool !!! (errr.... warm)

I have had the opportunity in past years to get free/comp swag from major motorcycle safety and apparel companies and I never took advantage of it because of my fatness...... Now, I'm all in and geared up with gloves, jackets, helmets, shirts....maybe a custom set of leathers is in my future !

Ride safe!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

busboss1
on 9/4/13 10:05 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Awesome. Take all the free stuff you can get. None of it is cheap! We did textile clothing. We found it's way more waterproof than leathers. When you're riding across the country from Ohio to Idaho, ya gotta stay dry, protected and warm! Ha!

TeashaLorna
on 9/3/13 1:21 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Gotta love it - I have bought three jackets this year for riding because I can actually fit into them oh ya and a wonderful new pair of chaps. 

Keep the shiny side up and have fun!!!

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

busboss1
on 9/4/13 10:07 am
VSG on 12/18/12

That is great! Thanks! Last time we went for a long ride, we about didn't make it home due to one particular lady right next to ME, who for some reason thought it was cool to come about 6 inches from my leg. Luckily I was close enough, she did see my middle finger in front of her windshield! :)

califsleevin
on 9/3/13 1:45 pm - CA

Check your helmet sizing - you may find that things are a bit looser there, too.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

busboss1
on 9/4/13 10:07 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Thanks for the good advice but already completed! :)

MsBobbiTX
on 9/4/13 12:44 am
VSG on 09/16/13

Awesome!!! Good for you!!

I can't wait until I look normal on my motorcycle! I want to be able to buy normal-sized gear that doesn't make me look like the stay-puffed marshmallow man!  :-)  It's also going to be a lot more comfortable for me in the heat!  Woot!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views