i am just so excited and yea a lil nervous

frania
on 9/8/13 4:44 am - NY

OMG...i cannot wait for 9/23.....it has seemed liked years instead of 4 months.....i read and reread all the materials from my docs office...i go on this board dailey or 2 x a day...i am going shopping tomorrow for a robe and slippers....and a pillow....also going to get my sf popsicles and picking up my fusion protein sakes this wed. at doc office....i drink crysatl lite all the time and have tons of it at home...just gonna pick up some broth cubes or cans or campbells chix noodle, and give the noddles to hubby...i think i have become pretty educated on these boards and thru you folks...the olny thing i am scared of will be my first week home....will i be in pain...will i be sick to my stomach....will i get headaches? some of the folks have had bad first days....what causes the nausea and headaches...is it the anesthia? thanks everyone...

TexasTerritory
on 9/8/13 4:51 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Good luck. I had very little pain. It all controlled with pain meds. Sounds like you are ready for this adventure.

mickeymantle
on 9/8/13 5:47 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like your on the right track

I had little pain after the first few hours , walking helps with gas pain and they got my meds right , when I got home I used the liquid for a day then Tylenol for a day or 2 then didn't need any

if you get sick or don't feel good call your doctor and they will give you meds to fix you right up ,good luck on your new life

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

frania
on 9/8/13 9:28 am - NY

mickey, what kind of liquid pain stuff did they give u to take home/

mickeymantle
on 9/8/13 9:57 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

romencett or something , tylonol with codine

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Elaine1964
on 9/8/13 5:49 am

Best Wishes for a speedy recovery! I was pretty fortunate during the first week at home. I had a touch of nausea - but it was mainly when taking the pain meds. I took the pain meds for about 3 days post-op and then just stopped. Most of my discomfort was fixed with a warm heating pad. I went back to work the following week - and other than a title expected fatigue, I have felt fabulous!!!

You will do awesome!!!!

Tammy

Member Services
on 9/8/13 5:55 am - Irvine, CA

You will do great.  Nerves are normal. It sounds like you are ready for this journey.  Here is a little pre-op info for you to read if you haven't already.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/photographing-your-weigh t-loss-surgery-journey/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/weight-loss-surgery-hosp tial-stay-what-to-pack/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/four-on-the-floor-self-c are-after-weight-loss-surgery/

Best wishes, we can't wait to hear from you post-op!

linzeelee
on 9/8/13 6:32 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Sounds like you've done your homework and are well prepared. I did have some pain and some headaches during the weeks after surgery (no nausea), but it gets better everyday. I am thrilled that I had the surgery. Good luck!!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

lnettles1963
on 9/8/13 8:12 am
VSG on 07/12/13

I only had the Gas pain and was up walking within a few hours of surgery. I had no surgical pain. I did have some soreness in my belly button, that was my biggest incision. Never took pain pills once I was home and stayed by myself as my hubby went to work.

I had everything set up so I could just grab from the fridge, I was on liquids so it was pretty easy.  lol

I did get a headache a couple of days out, but I used an ice pack and it went away.

Please realize everyone is different and the horror stories scare us the worst, but focus on the positive ones you read.

Sounds like you have done every thing right and are prepared.

Good Luck on your surgery!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views