So frustrated!!

LumpySpacePrincess
on 9/27/13 7:09 am - New Milford, NJ

So a few weeks ago I thought I completed my packet that had to be sent to the insurance company for approval for my surgery, and was just told to wait and see.  I've been checking my online claims every day and nothing has popped up.  So after a WEEK of calling the office manager for my surgeon, I find out she never submitted it!  She says things are missing and I have to go get a new diet letter, new letter of medical necessity, my weight records...all things she swears she got through fax already.  She always takes forever to call me back and when she does, leaves barely audible messages. 

So furious right now!  Also, my insurance company is being a bit weird. Denied a claim for my endoscopy consult saying I was not the person covered under the insurance.  Kind of funny, but maddening at the same time.  Here I was thinking I was only weeks away from getting sleeved and now I have to chase everything down again! 

Not a happy camper AT ALL!! 

LtWeight
on 9/27/13 7:23 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

I would NOT be a happy camper either!  I feel very blessed that I had a great coordinator.  She had me approved so quickly and I was out of town on vacation when they called to let me know and to schedule my surgery date.  I pray everything works out for you timely and you are able to proceed quickly.  It is frustrating to be in a stressful period, pre surgery (at least I was a bit anxious), and to have something like that happen! 

Best wishes!

cappy11448
on 9/27/13 12:51 pm

That must be so frustrating.  I know how driven I was to get the surgery done.  It must be so frustrating. 

What I did was try to eat the post-op diet, and lose as much weight as I could before surgery.  I am so glad I did that.  It made it so much easier to go through the post-op experience where you can eat so little in variety and quantity.  Somehow having a good amount of weight loss already made that easier.

I hope you can sort out the paperwork and insurance quickly, so you can get on with your surgery.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 245 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 313 views