What Have You Done?!?!

Sandy M.
on 9/28/13 2:46 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Do YOU realize the impact you have on others?  Did you realize that the little bit of advice that you've given a thousand times before made the difference to someone struggling?  Did you know that picture you posted after losing 100 pounds was what someone out there needed to get off the couch and start their own journey to wellness?  That "whining" post about post-op pain, or a long stall, or gaining weight or having a hard time let countless others know that they were not alone, and gave them the strength to carry on.  

That little act of kindness made a difference, even if you never saw the result.  Thank you to every single person who has ever posted on this board for giving back, even if you never thought of it like that. Thank you for sharing your joy, excitement, success, pain, sorrow, anger, frustration, and every emotion in between.  You'd be surprised who heard you.

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

grayC
on 9/28/13 3:07 am
VSG on 05/01/13
And THANK YOU for posting this..
Never thought that my ramblings could inspire someone,
but, why not, as I was researching the VSG and stalking on this forum,
countless posts inspired me!

PrettyEyes_41
on 9/28/13 3:19 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Thank you too Sandy for being insightful enough to post something like this. I thought my journey had been a long one at times until I realized that 20 years of being miserable and overweight was 10 times longer than the successful past 2 years that I've had! Remembering the past is all about being able to prepare for the future and overcome some of the set-backs along the way that we all experience. Reading about other people's struggles and successes helps me to remember and appreciate more where I am today. That appreciation gives me reason to come here and try to help others in any little way possible. I couldn't have been successful though without the people on this board!! Thanks again Sandy - great post!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/13 4:50 am

Thank you for posting this.  I really do forget (more and more the further out that I get) how motivational this forum was for me early out.  It helped me to go back and read my earliest posts to gain a perspective. 

Nikke2003
on 9/28/13 5:47 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Great post!! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active