Excited or not so much!

Imakitekat
on 9/28/13 6:34 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

As of yesterday I am down 14 pounds since surgery last Monday and 31 pounds overall!  Course I am not eating, and by eating I mean only clear liquids, so it would make sense.  I am having a really hard time getting enough water, have tried at different temps, warmer seems to help but not always.  It seems like chicken broth is triggering kind of a IBS effect, major stomach cramping and diarrhea.  Talked to Dr. already and if continues may have to get a test and maybe IV for liquids, hope not, then again, thank God we have a way to get hydrated if we can't do it on our own!  I am starting to feel better, but it's a journey, enjoy every second of it, it all has it's purpose, be gentle with yourself while healing.  I feel so blessed to live in this world in a time where this type of operation and medicine are possible!

cappy11448
on 9/28/13 8:10 pm

Congratulations on the 31 pounds of weight loss.  I love your attitude, keeping the perspective in spite of your challenges.  I share your sentiment of how lucky we are to live in a time when wls is available to treat obesity. 

I have a hard time getting liquids down, as well.  It gets easier with time, but I'm 5 months out, and I don't think I've ever consumed 64 ounces of fluids in a day - though I am constantly pushing water.  But I haven't needed an IV, either, so I guess I'm managing.

best of luck on your weight loss journey.  It keeps getting easier, and you are going to love the end result!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Imakitekat
on 9/28/13 8:21 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Thank you Carol that means so much to me.  It helps to know that not everyone gets their fluids and doesn't have to have ivs!  The dr said I had to get at least 26 ounces minimum each day to stay hydrated enough. It's weird to think a week ago I was drinking over 64 ounces no problem, and to tell the truth I have probably been dehydrated most of my life, I was a Pepsi girl since like 7or 8 years old, I drank juice and stuff but never drank water, hardly ever.  But my stomach had not been cut out either.  It amazes me how little our tummies hold, although mine is still very swollen.  Even though I am sipping, I think I am still eating too much and too fast, sure my IBS doesn't help the situation either!  Anyway, thanks for your encouragement, your a great support!

Smiles:),

Lisa

VSG on 06/12/13
You are off to a great start! Have you experimented with different strengths/concentrations of liquids? If chicken broth is too strong, perhaps cut it back?

Also, I discovered at 10 days out that French onion soup is a clear liquid once it is well strained. That was a very, very happy day for me.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views