Losing 3-4lbs a day pre-op... not a HumbleBrag, legit concern.

ITwon
on 10/25/13 6:32 pm - Woonsocket, RI
So I'm a week into my 2 week pre-op diet. Nov 4th is my date. And I'm losing at least 3lbs a day! I'm sure a lot of it is water, but if it keeps up like this, by the end, losing like 40lbs+ in 2 weeks seems a bit crazy. Did anyone else have that experience? I mean, I'm like 6'3" and 430lbs so I've got -plenty- to lose lol but my 3 70 calorie shakes and 3oz meat are clocking me under 400 calories a day. Plus I'm pretty active for my size. I just want to make sure I'm not going to make myself sick is all!
Sandy M.
on 10/25/13 9:58 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

My guess it that if you kept this up the loss would slow dramatically.  The first bit is "water weight" and it comes off much faster and easier.

It does seem a bit weird to me though that a pre-op diet is under 400 calories.  Are you sure you're adding that up right?  I recommend MyFitnessPal to log food if you aren't already using some other method.  A 70 calorie shake doesn't seem like it would have much protein in it.

Good luck to you on your surgery - it'll be here before you know it!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

ITwon
on 10/25/13 10:14 pm - Woonsocket, RI
No, it's all right. I bought my shakes directly from my surgeons office. They are 70 calories and 13 grams of protein each. 3 of them and then 3 ounces of lean meat. Chicken being about 100 calories. That's 310, and then my supplements. I do have the options of using my own shakes, up to 150 calories each, and replacing the meat with a lean cuisine type meal, which would be like 300 calories. But I wanted to do the best I could with my time before so I've been staying on the conservative side. Maybe I'll add more meat to my meal.
Nikke2003
on 10/25/13 10:31 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

There have been times in this process, especially in the beginning where I was concerned with how fast weight was coming off. But, it does slow down and then sometimes even stall and you'll forget those times that you were concerned about the fast loss even happening! Congrats on the success so far!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ITwon
on 10/25/13 10:40 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Thanks! I just can't wait til next week for it to be done!
Deckeriv
on 10/25/13 10:54 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

The first two days I think I lost something like 10 pounds and then it was a pound or two a day for the next month. After the surgery it was a pound a day for a long time. It is fun for sure.

Doesn't seem like your shakes are all that good. I know surgeons like to sell stuff to make money or to make it easier on you to find it, but I recommend going to GNC and get the Total Lean 25. The chocolate/peanut butter tastes like a reece's cup and the banana is just wonderful. And you get 25 grams of protein in 8 oz using water as a mixer. Your calories shouldn't drop below 600 although it doesn't really matter for a couple of months. Starting at 430 means you have lots of reserve so go for it. Good luck. It will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself that is legal....

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

ITwon
on 10/26/13 12:40 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Thanks!! I can't wait for 6 months from now! I'm already feeling lighter and healthier and I haven't even had the surgery yet lol
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/13 11:35 pm

You are just fine, there is nothing wrong.  It will slow down and you will miss this time.  Enjoy and don't worry.

ITwon
on 10/26/13 12:42 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Thanks! It's a wierd feeling to be worrying about weight *loss* for a change.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views