15 days and stuck

sarah G.
on 10/25/13 11:41 am
VSG on 10/10/13

I am 15 out.  Lost 15 lbs the first 8 days, and haven't lost a pound since!  How could install my 2nd week? Did I do all this to lose 15lbs?  I'm following my diet. What can I do to make the scale move?

HW 267 Consult W 260 SW 255 CW 227   Goal 135   

Machelle.K
on 10/25/13 12:21 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

15 pounds is awesome, enjoy your success and put on your patient hat, it will happen in time.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

TexasTerritory
on 10/25/13 12:35 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I am a slow loser but I am losing. I understand how you feel. I went thru something similar when I realized I wasn't losing as fast as others. But now I accept that I am just slow~~ I am following my plan to the letter with plenty of protein and water just to see the scale barely move. Yet I am having to buy new clothes as my old wardrobe is becoming way too baggy. So I am losing inches of fat. Have you taken measurements?

themexcellentone
on 10/25/13 2:05 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Patience!  You are just two weeks out.  Having patience and following your doctor's plan are the two best things you can do right now.  Trust me, the weight will come off.  My first few weeks the weight came off slowly, but it has accelerated since then.

You can do this...hang in there. 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mickeymantle
on 10/26/13 1:49 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

most people stall around the third week And it can last a week or 2 , your body is in shock from the surgery and the change of diet , your only worry the first month is

1   drinking 64 oz liquid

2   trying to eat(drink) 80 gm protein

everything else will work itself out

some people lose faster and some slower where all different , but if you stick to a good plan you will lose weight

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

gonna-be-sexy-nana
on 10/26/13 2:00 am - CO
VSG on 09/30/13

I just finished up my 3 week stall/slow down. It lasted a little over 8 days and now the pounds are coming off again, one by one. I am in no hurry though, I feel like the slow steady route is the best to help your skin get some of it's tergor or stretch back instead of trying to loose it too fast. Patience is key I believe. If you follow plan, it will happen.

Phyllis

Member Services
on 10/26/13 3:03 am - Irvine, CA

Don't panic, stalls happen, even this early.  It will pass.  Here is some information you may find helpful.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/vsg-q-as-weight-stalls-a nd-plateaus/

sarah G.
on 10/26/13 4:13 am
VSG on 10/10/13

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. It just seemed like a lot to go brought to have a stall so soon. Admittedly I'm a little on edge. I still can't sleep in my bed. It hurts too bad getting in and out and I can't lay very flat.  I had an open incision and a hiatial hernia repair. I'm not bouncing back like I thought I would! This has definitely been a hard lesson in patience!  I'm sick of sleeping in a recliner and having the scale stuck on the same number seemed to add insult to injury! maybe next week I'll be able to get in my bed and the scale will move!!! 

HW 267 Consult W 260 SW 255 CW 227   Goal 135   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views