Update and Endoscopy Question

AutumnAlways
on 11/22/13 12:56 am

Happy Friday, everyone! As of this coming Tuesday (when I have my upper endoscopy), I will have met all of my pre-op requirements for WLS. I am pleased that things seem to be moving along, but I know from reading the posts in this forum that waiting for insurance to make up its mind could be the death of me. I am just glad to have everything done prior to Thanksgiving!

My question regarding the endoscopy is, do you feel anything when they are scoping you? I am absolutely terrified of having that tube slid down my throat. I keep having horrible thoughts about gagging or being unable to breathe while it's down there. Has everyone's endoscopy been relatively drama free? Do you even realize it's happening or remember it when it's over? This is my last piece of the puzzle before submitting everything to insurance and I just want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for any info you can provide. Have a wonderful day!

Autumn

mickeymantle
on 11/22/13 1:11 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i slept thru the whole thing and I also had a colonoscopy at the same time , my pcp thought it was crazy to have the wls before checking that everything was good on both ends , and I never had one before , the prep was the second worst part the iv was the worst , they never can find my vein

my hubby once woke up in the middle of a colonoscopy and he said that he felt nothing and was able to see the pictures while the camera was still up his butte

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

ck9779
on 11/22/13 1:38 am
VSG on 12/11/13

They drugged me up. One minute we were talking about tongue rings and putting the mouth piece in and the next thing I knew I was getting woken up in recovery. I was exhausted from having a 4 month old in the wonder phase. I asked if they could give me some more of whatever so I could go back to sleep lol.