Gross, but...

Annievvho
on 12/8/13 2:50 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

So I'm 9 days out, and I thought I was doing really well with not throwing up. I've had a couple close calls, but the Zofran always saves me. Today, I was a little too late, and got sick. How long should I wait before eating? I had just made a protein shake, hadn't had any of it yet. Am I clear now? I had taken the Zofran right before I threw up, but it's orally disintegrating so I should have absorbed at least some of it. 

cajunlady1958
on 12/8/13 4:03 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I would wait about 1 hour and try a few sips and see if it stays down. good luck

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Betty A.
on 12/8/13 5:57 am
VSG on 11/26/13

I am NOT a vet but I am a nurse. Wait at least 30 min after it dissolves. I would suggest to resume with clears. That's what I do in the hospital.

On a personal note though, I'm almost 2 weeks out and felt nauseous with any/all protein drinks until today. I know protein was important, so I kept trying and trying but the nausea eventually made me not want anything. The past two days, I said forget it and just kept with fluids. Felt fine, no nausea at all. Had a protein drink today and felt fine. 

Hope it gets better. Stay hydrated!

Betty A.
on 12/8/13 6:00 am
VSG on 11/26/13

Also when you resume fluids after the Zofran. Go back to slow, sipping. Use the ounce at a time cup- do one every 10 minutes. That's a nurse thing too. Too often, people feel better then start to fast and just keep repeating the problem. Take care! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views