I fought the holidays and won

MsVonne
on 1/4/14 10:53 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Hello everyone!

We all have challenges over the holidays cooking big dinners/desserts for our families and eating too much of the foods that made us overweight in the first place.  Well Thanksgiving was my first holiday since surgery and I gained 3 lbs so I vowed that I would lose that and get back on board and not gain over Christmas/New Years and I did just that I fought a good fight and won I didn't gain any weight over Christmas/New Years in fact I lost the 3 lbs and 5 lbs more making it a total of 8 lbs with all the cakes and pies that I baked myself for my family.  I feel so proud of myself.  But I still have to conquor the battle of going to the gym regular I just can't seem to get that going. I live in Michigan and we have a lot of snow and I moved 2 days ago in all of it so I got more than enough exercise shelving snow taking boxes up and downstairs for the last 3 days.  Let me tell you all I wanted was liquids and a hot bubble bath and my bed afterwards.  My goodness you never know how much stuff you have until you move.

And let me say this it feels so good to have all of my clothes too big......Thank you God and GVS!!!  Have a good evening everyone!

pineview01
on 1/4/14 6:07 pm - Davison, MI

You should be so proud of yourself!  You did an amazing job.  I didn't fare as well.  It is so cold and I don't want to do anything outside.  I cruised for the first 3 weeks in December and came home and cooked/baked.  I did OK for a couple days but, there was all my favorites and I gave in.  I have to just get it together like you so my cloths will be lose again.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MsVonne
on 1/5/14 11:23 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

But that is okay you have done very well so far and you will continue.  We both are on an on going journey with our weightloss so keep your head up and we both will get there.  I so hope that I can get as close to my goal as possible I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal I'm losing slow from what I hear that is an good thing.  I have my 6 month checkup next month I truly want to be closer to half way mark by then.  Wish me luck!  enlightened

pineview01
on 1/7/14 7:06 am - Davison, MI

Good Luck and keep working it!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.